• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else picked up the Visvim Grizzly Boots from the Mr. P sale. I ordered a pair a half size larger than my true (Brannock) size and the boots seem a bit snug, particularly in the toe box.

The sizing advice at the beginning of this thread suggests the Grizzly model runs large so perhaps Visvim changed the fitting. I really like the boots, but wondering whether they are borderline too small even sizing up by a half.

Last edited:

cbusguy

Reaction score
it looks like the styling has changed a little. maybe the fit has too. i liked the old rubber heel counter (not sure what to call it) that they used to put on them. and i don't really like the leather fringe trim. good deals on them though.

is it me or visvim reaching deeper sales now? doesn't seem like it's selling out like it used to

speaknoevil

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am thinking about picking up on older kerchief and wondering what size would be good for me. I am 5'7" 135 lbs and am looking at a size 1. Or is this gonna fit too tight and should I look for a size 2. Ideally, I would like to wear a button-up shirt layered underneath it.
502x600-2015022200466.jpg

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a couple of inches shorter than you and about the same weight and I have a 1 that is borderline too tight for me depending on donuts.
I’d go with a 2 unless the older seasons were a larger fit.

GunwashAce

Reaction score
I'm a 3 in most things and my 3 kerchief is a little tight. I would up to a 4 if I wanted to spend the $$$

bbhewee

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else picked up the Visvim Grizzly Boots from the Mr. P sale. I ordered a pair a half size larger than my true (Brannock) size and the boots seem a bit snug, particularly in the toe box.

The sizing advice at the beginning of this thread suggests the Grizzly model runs large so perhaps Visvim changed the fitting. I really like the boots, but wondering whether they are borderline too small even sizing up by a half.
I’ve ordered a pair but won’t pick them up for another couple of weeks. Will report back when I do.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The old models definitely were sized very large. I took a 10 (tts) but could've totally gone down to 9.5 and possibly 9. With my 10s I wear my thick wool hiking socks with them. (This is the old 2012 Antelope model)

I've heard that this most recent season of the Grizzly boots that they got narrower and so sizing down isn't right. It's interesting that you sized up .5 and it still feels snug, though. I imagine they will fit nicely once they're broken in.

I really liked that style, and would've picked a pair up at around $550 if I could've.

it looks like the styling has changed a little. maybe the fit has too. i liked the old rubber heel counter (not sure what to call it) that they used to put on them. and i don't really like the leather fringe trim. good deals on them though.

is it me or visvim reaching deeper sales now? doesn't seem like it's selling out like it used to

Part of it is that there's just a lot more visvim around these days. It used to be pretty difficult to find Vis, but now so many stores carry it that people have choice to buy. There were only a handful of overseas stockists around 2014ish.

And, I think the hype of Vis is also slowing down/stopping. The prices continually increase (honestly they're outrageous at this point, even though it's always been expensive), designs are getting stagnant, and it's not getting as much love as it used to back when Kanye wore fbts and Virgils were harder to come by.

bbhewee

Reaction score

Do you have a wide foot by any chance btw?

bbhewee

Reaction score
Anyone know the fit of a Visvim Glacier Point please? Thanks.

CarterH

Reaction score
How's the quality on the Maliseet Shaman Folk? Tempted to pick up a pair, but it's hard to find reviews on how they fit or hold up over time. Any help is greatly appreciated!

bbhewee

Reaction score
I have the low cut version and it does dig into my heel a little. However every thing else about the shoe is great, and I like the shape over FBT Shamans personally.

CarterH

Reaction score
Yeah looking at the low cut. The overall shape and toe box does seem a lot nicer than the FBT to me. Thank you! Do you know how the fit runs at all? From what I can tell you should go TTS

bbhewee

Reaction score
Go with whatever size you wear on FBT Folks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads