• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BeerBerry

Reaction score
E1BB1B11-BF91-48B4-97C4-7CCC9F65B657.png
Noob here just bought this sanjuro and I’m wondering if anyone can legit check based on just these pics as it’s on it’s way to me now..thanks in advance. If I posted incorrectly or anything please let me know so I can adjust accordingly I apologize if that is the case.
E1BB1B11-BF91-48B4-97C4-7CCC9F65B657.png
896A0424-632F-41E0-95B3-91C91B9C3044.png
3FEFC412-52E0-47A9-8B2E-958D796DC916.png
D91F1BBA-0820-4B08-A3FD-157C0F9A8EEE.png

mkn

Reaction score
View attachment 1132746 Noob here just bought this sanjuro and I’m wondering if anyone can legit check based on just these pics as it’s on it’s way to me now..thanks in advance. If I posted incorrectly or anything please let me know so I can adjust accordingly I apologize if that is the case. View attachment 1132746 View attachment 1132757 View attachment 1132766 View attachment 1132767

Looks legit to me. I have the same one and the buttons, embroidery and tab on the left side of the chest all match mine.

luza

Reaction score
Anyone know what this season's spot items are ?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its only possible to find out about a week or so beforehand, if I remember I will post, however unless you have a connect at FIL its unclear which spot items will be dropping; even the staff don't necessarily know.

luza

Reaction score
Its only possible to find out about a week or so beforehand, if I remember I will post, however unless you have a connect at FIL its unclear which spot items will be dropping; even the staff don't necessarily know.

thx

Newt Bluestripe

Reaction score
Does anyone have sizing tips for the most recent ICT mud dyed virgils? Thinking of going tts just like my brigadiers..

Newt Bluestripe

Reaction score
ICT Virgil boots came. Happy with how they look and fit! Just for reference I’m a us 9 on the brannock device with medium width (can’t recall the width alphabet). Went with us 9 (tts) on the brigs and now the virgils and I’m happy with both of em.

In case anyone cares..
Brig us 9
Virgil us 9
Alden trubalance us 8.5d
Edward Green 82 last oxfords uk 8.5e

Also tried on the canoe moc-ii’s the other day and I feel like they fit 1/2 size small.

188F27CD-80A1-4D38-BE47-3F0B50AD3EFF.jpeg

rmc

Reaction score
Considering buying my first Suede Virgils, can anyone comment on how they hold up/look with wear? Do they look really bad after beating them up or better with age (I definitely won't wear them in the rain)? Curious to see pics of wear and wabsi sabi life?

bbhewee

Reaction score
Hi. I can’t find the sizing info on G’s file so I’m going to ask here. Any advice on the sizing of Foley Folk and Blackfoot Moc Toe Boot compared to the 7-hole or suede Virgils please. Or FBT even. Thanks.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a decently priced alternative to the Jumbo crew sweatshirt? I really like veggie dyed washes but I can’t do Visvim $$$ for some as basic as a sweatshirt. Anyone found something similar? I’d be open to lighter overdyes or mineral washes. JE has come to mind but I haven’t seen anything that ticks all the boxes.

Rnt

Reaction score
Has anyone found a decently priced alternative to the Jumbo crew sweatshirt? I really like veggie dyed washes but I can’t do Visvim $$$ for some as basic as a sweatshirt. Anyone found something similar? I’d be open to lighter overdyes or mineral washes. JE has come to mind but I haven’t seen anything that ticks all the boxes.
JE is great !

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JE is great !
Any specific models you would recommend? I would probably need something XL or XXL to get an oversized look and I find a lot of John Elliott (JE @skenney ) has Bieber style tight sleeves or something.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i would just hunt around on the pre-owned sites including Japanese auctions for a good deal. Even for something basic like a tee, I doubt anything but Visvim will satisfy if you’re looking for Visvim. You just have to be patient x

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads