• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grs

Reaction score
they're chunky but I wouldn't say they look like clown shoes. I think wide pants look best but I wear them with social sculptures and they look fine. Here's a pair of the painted green Hi's
37867586-6c5f-42de-8756-b027a4233367-jpeg.1689689
I actually tend to own larger pants like EG FA Pants and some TNFPL field pants. Maybe these are worth the pick up. I am an 11.5 in most shoes, can wear an 11 too but I like the width 11.5 gives. Would you get an 11 or 12?

zsb

Reaction score
I asked visvimjapan how much he was selling a 4 for... 5k.
Absolutely taxing. When they first released, he was charging 4500 before shipping. I recently asked him the price for the used AW22 deck jacket in a size 2 and he said $2700 USD. Crazy stuff.

grs

Reaction score
Absolutely taxing. When they first released, he was charging 4500 before shipping. I recently asked him the price for the used AW22 deck jacket in a size 2 and he said $2700 USD. Crazy stuff.
On another note I spoke to the owner of a store who Visvim approached to sell their product about the wholesale pricing and why U.S. gets such a price hike. Apparently Visvim uses same distributor as Needles once did (When their track pants were 400 dollars in US). The distributor takes a cut off the top (the mark up). Has nothing to do with US-Japan trade agreements, or Visvim knowing Americans will buy more $$$ clothing. He passed on Visvim for the moment because of the steep mark up, but suggested that with the Torrance HQ now establishing itself they may start doing their own distribution which could help fix pricing, the same way Needles is now priced more reasonably in the states.

Last edited:

Blancpain

Reaction score
Generally used prices seem to have gone insane but at the same time nobody is buying my stuff for less than it went for a couple years ago. Something is fishy o_O

grs

Reaction score
Generally used prices seem to have gone insane but at the same time nobody is buying my stuff for less than it went for a couple years ago. Something is fishy o_O
As someone who shops for size 4/5 and size 11 footwear. It is so much $$$$ for used stuff. Can't find any used boots besides beat virgils for under a grand.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score

Lot of stuff sells for lot less than you think it would. For example if you filter Grailed by sold items. The sale price of lot of Visvim stuff lot lower than what it was originally listed as. Seen stuff go from $2,000 to less than $1,000

Not always the case of course but so many times I’ve seen price stuff sold for and thought ‘why the hell didn’t I offer that’ haha

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
As someone who shops for size 4/5 and size 11 footwear. It is so much $$$$ for used stuff. Can't find any used boots besides beat virgils for under a grand.

Man the jump from 10 to 11 such a pain. So many Grizzly’s and Brigadier boots in 10 I’ve wanted but held off knowing will be too tight. If they come up in 11 either crazy price or never come up at all.

grs

Reaction score
Man the jump from 10 to 11 such a pain. So many Grizzly’s and Brigadier boots in 10 I’ve wanted but held off knowing will be too tight. If they come up in 11 either crazy price or never come up at all.
The ICT Grizzlies sitting on grailed rn for 3k in an 11...

m.ello

Reaction score
I actually tend to own larger pants like EG FA Pants and some TNFPL field pants. Maybe these are worth the pick up. I am an 11.5 in most shoes, can wear an 11 too but I like the width 11.5 gives. Would you get an 11 or 12?
I would go for the 12

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. It's partially size scarcity. I'm in the size 12 camp on Vis shoes.

frunk

Reaction score
For my big-footed brothers - if anyone wants a pair of FW22 g cords skagway lo’s (not the aforementioned g patten) in an 11 please let me know. Selling my pair. Only worn a couple times. They’re the olive colorway.

Reactions: grs

grs

Reaction score
Anyone know what day the ICT Brigs come out? and what time if they are on the webstore?

norigim

Reaction score
Anyone know what day the ICT Brigs come out? and what time if they are on the webstore?
Looks like 4/1. Usually will be on the web store by 10AM (unless they pre-sold out to other buyers beforehand).

Also, wow 1.6k! I remember when I bought my first brigs for <$600 at full US retail.

m.ello

Reaction score
They looked nice in the stock photos but I wasn't really into them when I saw posts out of the box. Still chasing the 20/21 kangr pair

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads