• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score

flynnryda

Reaction score
Picked up the Greely combat parka from Notre for an INSANE deal ($1500 USD). Unfortunately I also ordered the ivory zephyr hi and they sent me the black pair by accident… since it’s been so hard to find my size (US12) in either color for a good price I’ll probably just keep the black though. Figured the ivory would be easier to style but I’m sure black will be fine.

Attachments

• 82F6B8AC-7121-462B-8871-215D8C84D08D.jpeg
    82F6B8AC-7121-462B-8871-215D8C84D08D.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 341
  • 90053458-4410-4987-98BB-C045562CF1DF.jpeg
    90053458-4410-4987-98BB-C045562CF1DF.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 349

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Greely combat parka from Notre for an INSANE deal ($1500 USD). Unfortunately I also ordered the ivory zephyr hi and they sent me the black pair by accident… since it’s been so hard to find my size (US12) in either color for a good price I’ll probably just keep the black though. Figured the ivory would be easier to style but I’m sure black will be fine.
Glad you got a pair in the end. How did you find the fit?

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Mind if I ask what your build is and what size you take in the Kerchief (and what season it's from)?

This one from AW 2020 so the new cut/ shape of the Kerchief. I've got a big ish build. 6'2, 90 kg, 43" chest so in most Visvim i wear a 5. 4 in oversized shirts/ coats. This Kerchief though a 3 (only size 3 Visvim item I own).

It comes up a little bit short on me. Would have liked it to be slightly longer but the 3 gives me the slimmer fit i wanted. In photo above i have sweater underneath and can still buttom up comfortably.

Lowestkey

Reaction score
Hello all!
I’ve been lurking for a bit but finally registered. Fairly new to visvim and slowly building my collection.

I recently got some 2021 suede brigadier boots that were basically new (probably like 3 wears) in size 10.5 which is the same size as my kngr Virgils. The Virgil’s fit me really nicely and that is also what my feet measure as. I’m experiencing a bit of heel slip when I walk, should I expect this to go away as the boots break in? Or should I explore some insoles/heel pads? Is this common at all? Thanks I’m advance!

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found that the brigs fit a bit bigger than virgils, but I tried going down .5 and they were almost too snug (doable, but I preferred my virgil size after having tried sizing down). Not sure if that helps or not

_Taisho

Reaction score
Hello all!
I’ve been lurking for a bit but finally registered. Fairly new to visvim and slowly building my collection.

I recently got some 2021 suede brigadier boots that were basically new (probably like 3 wears) in size 10.5 which is the same size as my kngr Virgils. The Virgil’s fit me really nicely and that is also what my feet measure as. I’m experiencing a bit of heel slip when I walk, should I expect this to go away as the boots break in? Or should I explore some insoles/heel pads? Is this common at all? Thanks I’m advance!
No shame slipping in some heel pads, also for comfortability

Lowestkey

Reaction score
I found that the brigs fit a bit bigger than virgils, but I tried going down .5 and they were almost too snug (doable, but I preferred my virgil size after having tried sizing down). Not sure if that helps or not
Helps make me feel more confident I did indeed get the right size! Thanks for the info.

No shame slipping in some heel pads, also for comfortability
I’ll look into them then because it kind of just feels like the heel shape is more bulbous than my Virgils and if I could fill the volume then I’d guess the heel slipping goes away and they’d fit perfect. Any recs for heel pads if you’ve used them?

Samer

Reaction score
Hello all!

worried-get-out.gif

Welcome...

Kevsito

Reaction score
Happy Friday Ya'll. I Was looking on eBay and I came across a bucky coverall jacket that caught my eye but I realized it was being advertised by different sellers (all from Japan + with positive feedback and the same pictures). Is this normal or should I steer clear? I usually use Grailed if I'm looking at buying secondhand.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Happy Friday Ya'll. I Was looking on eBay and I came across a bucky coverall jacket that caught my eye but I realized it was being advertised by different sellers (all from Japan + with positive feedback and the same pictures). Is this normal or should I steer clear? I usually use Grailed if I'm looking at buying secondhand.

I’ve noticed this too on eBay with Japanese sellers. As they have different prices I always got impression it was drop shipping. Where they buy from a Japanese site then ship it and make a profit. As some items like that I’ve seen exact same listing on Yahoo JP for much less

renozz

Reaction score
It's disappointing to see the visvim north america store get one-off sizing on items (some drops from last week only got a size 4), while proxy sellers seem to pick up the full run of sizes. Especially true for the ICT line which is usually less than what the proxies charge.

bentoven

Reaction score
The North American webstore is run differently than the Japanese webstore. Unlike the Japanese webstore, it does not place order for stock - they get whatever HQ sends from Japan. For that reason, it's often what is left, especially for high demand items.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads