• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
been looking for the olive or black in a size 3 for a minute as well so it’s good to hear the beige is on the green side. Now I just need to find one for a fair price.

tbf it depends on the lighting. I’d still prefer the Olive if I ever found it tbh. But in day light/ outside the beige looks more light olive for sure. In photos and artificial lighting comes up more sand/ beige-y I would say.

it looks more like this:

2C6C106A-6483-4E34-8E60-0896205B2448.jpeg

rather than this:

BEC73585-E567-4DCB-9012-839E9233CD17.jpeg

illiterate

Reaction score
tbf it depends on the lighting. I’d still prefer the Olive if I ever found it tbh. But in day light/ outside the beige looks more light olive for sure. In photos and artificial lighting comes up more sand/ beige-y I would say.

it looks more like this:

View attachment 1884167

rather than this:

View attachment 1884168
Is there a two way zipper anywhere on this piece?

Blancpain

Reaction score
Paratrooper jacket is super cool. I also got scammed on the fake one on YJP and got my money back from PayPal. How does it fit? Is it huge like the six-five?

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Paratrooper jacket is super cool. I also got scammed on the fake one on YJP and got my money back from PayPal. How does it fit? Is it huge like the six-five?

smaller that I thought it would be. A black sold that I missed out on the other week in a 3 but once this one came I didn’t mind as I feel a 3 would have been too small particularly for layering on me. Definitely smaller than a six- five. Both below are a 4. Sleeves a little too long on the paratrooper but otherwise fit is just how I wanted it
9B9557D9-9236-4650-996C-A28BE9B1D324.jpeg

5549C1CD-6047-4382-B35E-F0F27BE83075.jpeg

norigim

Reaction score
Go TTS on the Byron, it's cut really short so sizing down in any way will look odd.

StoneyIce

Reaction score
The black Airman looks great there. I loved the Byron but was impossible to find for a decent price. What sizing do you go for on both?
I agree with what norigim said. I went with my visvim TTS for the byron and it fits perfectly. The airman fits the same. And yeah sometimes I look at the airman and im like wow that tweed is beautiful. I preferred the other colors, but im also really happy that I was able to get it at all. Looking to get the lumber in tweed one day.

kami

Reaction score
smaller that I thought it would be. A black sold that I missed out on the other week in a 3 but once this one came I didn’t mind as I feel a 3 would have been too small particularly for layering on me. Definitely smaller than a six- five. Both below are a 4. Sleeves a little too long on the paratrooper but otherwise fit is just how I wanted it

Looks great. I will need to stick to a 3 🙏🏻

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with what norigim said. I went with my visvim TTS for the byron and it fits perfectly. The airman fits the same. And yeah sometimes I look at the airman and im like wow that tweed is beautiful. I preferred the other colors, but im also really happy that I was able to get it at all. Looking to get the lumber in tweed one day.
Yeah I got a 3 in the Airman and my Harvey and Varsity are 4s. The sleeves are fine on the Airman but it is a tad short but it was the same in being lucky to get it at all and I got a great price. I'm going to keep hold of it and if I see a brown 4 come up I may get that and flip it. The black does look great though. I just wanted the salmon lined ones tbh. That was the hook for me!

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Looks great. I will need to stick to a 3 🙏🏻

Not sure where you’re located but FYI there’s a fake on eBay in size 3 here in UK. Got me excited for a second when I saw it then saw the tag

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads