• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Is there a good way to proxy stuff from the Japanese Visvim webstore? Been eyeing a few things and was curious.

zen market will proxy. As above it seems some do and some don’t get to adjust value for customs but the actual fee zen charge is minimal compared to proxies on IG. Only issue is zen can purchase items that are just sitting on the website but aren’t really an option for stuff that drops and sells out quickly as Zen take about a day to make the purchase.

Hydeous

Reaction score
Anyone know of any Japan proxies that allow you to declare lower value for duties? I'm in Canada and don't want to get gouged on a $1500 purchase.

I used FromJapan back then but it seems like they don't do it anymore.

Someone mentioned remambo in another thread. Has anyone done it recently with them?

I think Zenmarket might be an option but I'm not 100% sure of it and don't want to go through with my buys only to find out it's not possible.

If anyone knows any other proxies that allow you to do this, that would be amazing.

they still do (fromjapan). Just input whatever value you want on the shipping form.

mr.invincible

Reaction score
i just tried using Opera browser to see if i can use the free vpn to access the jp but still no luck. if any US members know how to access the JP site without a paid VPN, please let me know lol

zabo358

Reaction score
New brigs are incredible

Attachments

• FC532C37-4DFD-4A56-808E-919A61C1A6FF.jpeg
    FC532C37-4DFD-4A56-808E-919A61C1A6FF.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 168

botzzz

Reaction score
anyone have a chance to see/feel the Tweed Remi Coat thats coming this season? Looks nice but hard to tell from the lookbook alone

Hydeous

Reaction score
Agree. Took my suede ones about 10-15 wears for the shape to loosen up.

suede one doesnt look this stubby when brand new though.

on a semi related note, does anyone know accessories brands that go well with vis, besides larry smith?

Emixam

Reaction score

on a semi related note, does anyone know accessories brands that go well with vis, besides larry smith?

the version I had from few years back, were noticeably tighter than other versions. they wouldn't stretch at all, and had to sadly depart from them. they look amazing irl. I never really understood what kind of treatment the leather underwent.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are WMV, I think a lot of it has to do with the sizing.

I like northworks, its reworked vintage silver coins into feathers and charms ala goros. They let me order overseas direct via email, and prices are super reasonable considering they are using 100% silver vintage coins and reworking them- maybe a bit more respectable in terms of goro's copies, as they really do their own thing. Other brands that you might see people recommend: first arrows, taro washimi, albatory, tady & king (all for goros esque copies), lost ones, and american brands like good art or even some chrome hearts items.

Hydeous

Reaction score
Those are WMV, I think a lot of it has to do with the sizing.

I like northworks, its reworked vintage silver coins into feathers and charms ala goros. They let me order overseas direct via email, and prices are super reasonable considering they are using 100% silver vintage coins and reworking them- maybe a bit more respectable in terms of goro's copies, as they really do their own thing. Other brands that you might see people recommend: first arrows, taro washimi, albatory, tady & king (all for goros esque copies), lost ones, and american brands like good art or even some chrome hearts items.

perfect, just what i need. Thanks man!

Hydeous

Reaction score
Do you mean lone ones as in Leonard kamhout? Or is there another brand called lost ones?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads