• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they will release g.cord iris jkt and liner as a c/d line.

Is that in the subsequent Sept drop? Sounds interesting but I assume it'll just be launched in boring C/D colors (Olive, Tan, etc)

rms

Reaction score
Thanks… yeah a bit strange… and they are my normal skag size. May well be the mud dye on my pair make the rubber harder or somethjbf
Yes, same here. Recent ICT versions have a very firm toe cap. Toe box feels more narrow - does soften up over time.

Retlas

Reaction score
Yes, same here. Recent ICT versions have a very firm toe cap. Toe box feels more narrow - does soften up over time.

Cheers fella... very firm toe cap. Will continue to work at them though.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Third iris attempt. Had the pink but was a 4 so was too small sadly. Tried to make it work but was too tight. Had the black vest but never really was major fan of the vest version.

my favourite outside of the pink was always the 2020 in olive. Probably needed a 4 but a 5 came up brand new for $1200. Arms bit long (probably doesn’t help I have quite short arms for someone 6’2) but overall fit is fine given it’s a the JKT rather than the liner.

FC428837-B1E6-4E27-8021-B5C14B9E03ED.jpeg

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
I think it fits great! Love the olive colour way also.

thanks! i was a little 50:50 on keeping it but decided to stick with it!

I love how the olive colour on the stripe side seems to be a different tone depending on the lighting

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody got a lead on this tunic in size 4? Really like it, but hoping for closer to Japan retail than what’s on the NA webstore. Also, never been to the LA exposition, but are they cool with ppl coming in to just browse and try things on for size?

1657123333965.jpeg

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Anybody got a lead on this tunic in size 4? Really like it, but hoping for closer to Japan retail than what’s on the NA webstore. Also, never been to the LA exposition, but are they cool with ppl coming in to just browse and try things on for size?

View attachment 1810048
I went last month. The staff are super friendly and helpful. I didn’t get the “Why are you here if you’re not buying something” vibe at all.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1810048

With the limited foot traffic, I think they'd be happy to just see a human face :D

kami

Reaction score
looks like it fits fine here bro! going to be good for layering

Third iris attempt. Had the pink but was a 4 so was too small sadly. Tried to make it work but was too tight. Had the black vest but never really was major fan of the vest version.

my favourite outside of the pink was always the 2020 in olive. Probably needed a 4 but a 5 came up brand new for $1200. Arms bit long (probably doesn’t help I have quite short arms for someone 6’2) but overall fit is fine given it’s a the JKT rather than the liner.

hobojones

Reaction score

View attachment 1810048
They’re super helpful. If you call ahead and let them know the items and sizes you’re interested in trying they’ll pull them for you and have them ready when you get there. Before I walked in they were just sitting around on their laptops so as others mentioned I’m sure they’re happy to help out.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly they chose a really poor location for the store (cool building). I wouldn't be surprised if they move somewhere with more foot traffic when their lease is up. Very few stores can pull off a location like that (DSM could probably)

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's been a minute since I physically went out shopping and to me it's always hit or miss with stores that sell expensive clothes. Might be a great excuse to go to grand central market or to see the Murakami exhibit at the Broad before popping over to the store!

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much of visvim's business could possibly be from random foot traffic walk ins? I imagine it's 95% devotees of the brand no matter where you put the store.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
How much of visvim's business could possibly be from random foot traffic walk ins? I imagine it's 95% devotees of the brand no matter where you put the store.
I think Visvim is a "destination location", but I can't imagine Downtown LA would be necessarily cheap for rent. I don't know if it's conveniently located either. I imagine many out of town visitors would be spending more time in Hollywood, Melrose, Santa Monica etc.

Fwiw.. I also thought Dover Street Market and Departamento had very strange locations. DSM seemed to be the only store unaffected by their location, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads