• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hobojones

Reaction score
Damn that looks massive on you, might be the angle though.

What do you need to be enlightened on? Spot releases happen at the end of each season and are not part of the regular season.
I dig oversized fits! Just wanted to get some enablement honestly lol. Basically, I’m wondering if I should be patient and proxy from japan for a future iris release or just cop now.

Retlas

Reaction score
Anybody had issues with their skagways? Ie the toe areas pressing down on the top of your toes?

just taken out the white insole and it’s a lot better but just seeing if anyone else experienced the same thing?

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Anybody had issues with their skagways? Ie the toe areas pressing down on the top of your toes?

just taken out the white insole and it’s a lot better but just seeing if anyone else experienced the same thing?

not had the issue myself but as so hard to find US 11 I buy US 10 in Skagways and take out the middle insole so maybe that’s why I don’t have the issue

Retlas

Reaction score
Thanks… yeah a bit strange… and they are my normal skag size. May well be the mud dye on my pair make the rubber harder or somethjbf

Emixam

Reaction score
I dig oversized fits! Just wanted to get some enablement honestly lol. Basically, I’m wondering if I should be patient and proxy from japan for a future iris release or just cop now.

fits you good, i dig the oversize too

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn that looks massive on you, might be the angle though.

What do you need to be enlightened on? Spot releases happen at the end of each season and are not part of the regular season.
I think that it’s meant to fit about that size? I’m not sure that that type of fit works for me, but it’s popular right now in any case.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In the other way around, even sizing down half a size, they are still high volume. When I size down a full size, then they are too narrow at the forefoot, and my toes jam up, so that’s obviously not the solution. Weird, because I have a pretty high volume foot, generally speaking.

Retlas

Reaction score
The joy of vis… they are still comfortable

Attachments

• 61EC0308-A6E2-45A5-A8C6-35FD60CB44CA.jpeg
    61EC0308-A6E2-45A5-A8C6-35FD60CB44CA.jpeg
    427.6 KB · Views: 104

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks… yeah a bit strange… and they are my normal skag size. May well be the mud dye on my pair make the rubber harder or somethjbf

I found mud dye shoes always are a bit smaller. Haven't tried to the Skags though.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sure the Iris will release again as either a spot release and/or a contrary dept one. They just did another release of the classic valdez in the mainline.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like trunk show for SS23 is starting next week in JP, US usually follows soon~

kami

Reaction score
There are some really nice iris jkt colors for FW22. Oddly “cheap” price compared to what it normally is.

any previews up? would love to see the colors and sizing

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any previews up? would love to see the colors and sizing

There's a navy, olive, and tan I think. There's a drop box link posted a while back if you dig I think.

wmvisvim

Reaction score
I'm sure the Iris will release again as either a spot release and/or a contrary dept one. They just did another release of the classic valdez in the mainline.

they will release g.cord iris jkt and liner as a c/d line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads