• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 3 looks perfect on you with that t-shirt fit. If you wanted a crewneck or hoodie underneath, it might not work as well.
I had the exact opposite problem with the 101xx - being between a 3/4 - I got a 4, and it looks a little too loose without a layer underneath.

(So if anyone is interested in a size 4 moleskin ICT 101xx from this past FW, hit me up)
Pmd

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Samer I'd recommend against a 4 in the veg leather 101xx, you'll be unhappy. Unless you're okay with the sleeves covering your hands which drives me nuts. Ive gambled by doing a 4 in the 101xx after owning a 3, and even at 6'1" 185lbs I found it to be bigger than I like. Really works for those 6'2" and taller imo. I dont think it necessarily makes proportions off doing a 3, but it will definitely be more cropped in the body, and its not super cropped to begin with so you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Samer

Reaction score
I haven't tried on the 101xx fit yet (thinking about getting the white pique one from this season). The size 3 seems to work on you. Do you have other FR VEG items? I have a couple 101's in FR VEG and have found the resulting product is slightly larger than the washed denim versions, probably due to some slight shrinkage from the washing process.

Which color were you considering? For some reason I keep eyeing the green, but I'm also really tempted to try to get an Eton...

Looking at the light brown version. Curious if yours have aged nicely and are easy to wear? I tried one on in LA and the lining makes a big difference in comfort.

@Samer I'd recommend against a 4 in the veg leather 101xx, you'll be unhappy. Unless you're okay with the sleeves covering your hands which drives me nuts. Ive gambled by doing a 4 in the 101xx after owning a 3, and even at 6'1" 185lbs I found it to be bigger than I like. Really works for those 6'2" and taller imo. I dont think it necessarily makes proportions off doing a 3, but it will definitely be more cropped in the body, and its not super cropped to begin with so you'll be fine.

Thanks @Fycus was hoping you'd weigh in. Can't stand sleeves past my cuffs, so that might be the biggest selling point for a 3 if I go for it.

norigim

Reaction score
Yeah, the leather is really soft on both of mine so they are quite comfortable. Almost feels like lamb leather.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Also if anyone ordering through Zen market be aware they’re having delays. Mines being pending to be packed for nearly a week and saw on Twitter people been waiting 10 days plus to have it packed.

MrChukes

Reaction score
I picked this kofu up from the LA store after New Years this year. I really like it thinking of picking up another kerchief. Hopefully they have interesting colors like that pink.
98B5EAC6-F9D7-4E96-BE81-E2DEB795F357.jpeg

norigim

Reaction score
The non-standard kerchief releases are usually only at Traveling Trailer events which afaik have only happened in Japan for the last several years. Best way of getting one is via resellers :(

kami

Reaction score
followed the wash instructions for the mud dyed hoodie. color is suppose to bleed alot for a while?

wmvisvim

Reaction score
I'm a tts 2 but am 5 inches shorter than most of their models and they all take a 3. I think if you have any sort of build and aren't super thin like the models going tts should be good.

Where did you find the pic of the Veg 101xx? I'm not seeing it on the JP store. Also what's the JP price on that?

22ss season 101xx it price is 770000yen + tax
**** price..

wmvisvim

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at the 21ss price....22 looks like a washed leather but STILL $1K more crazy

I have a 21ss it and this one is great too!

I'm looking at the Neverland Jacket IT, and the price has gone up too much..

Last season's Baker Coverall IT was 473000.. This is 583000..

Samer

Reaction score
I have a 21ss it and this one is great too!

I'm looking at the Neverland Jacket IT, and the price has gone up too much..

Last season's Baker Coverall IT was 473000.. This is 583000..

Here’s a 21 to 22 comparison. Jacket drapes more, which is what’s leading me to think it’s washed.

Baker Coverall IT looks great and warrants more structure IMO. For the 101xx I like the drape.
B8E3E1C4-E50B-4ED0-BF0B-D5740B3D2CA1.jpeg
030922C0-00A5-43CD-9374-FC3A5534A1DC.jpeg
1E3481F8-B668-4122-A8F3-2F263DE6DA1A.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads