• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how the Jumbo Hoodies fit from ~2017?

I have a SS101 jacket in Size 3 from FW21 that fits me relaxed and I usually take Size S / XS in most other brands. Would a Size 1 Jumbo Hoodie be too small if I want a classic / relaxed fit?

do you have other Visvim stuff? I’m a smedium and usually wear size 2 although recently I’ve been taking a 1 in oversized stuff. I’d say the 2 in Jumbo fits like a classic regular fit medium.

kami

Reaction score
i grabbed this amplus mud hoodie online but didnt come with the bag. after seeing that mr p had a fake returned i was wondering if anyone can help me legit check?

also was curious if i should take the same size in jumbo hoodies as i did on this amplus? do those fit like normal hoodies? thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_4049.jpg
    IMG_4049.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4050.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4052.jpg
    IMG_4052.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 82

kyokusen

Reaction score

Hey all, I'm new to the brand and really liking the zig-zag / charlie brown sweater in the lookbook and was wondering how realistic it would be to get this piece. Is there a recommended proxy service / way to get F.I.L items if you don't live in Japan (currently living in east coast USA)?

From googling I get the sense that F.I.L. items are rare enough that I should just forget about them and pray they show up on grailed, etc. down the line, but figured I'd ask the community first.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to the brand and really liking the zig-zag / charlie brown sweater in the lookbook and was wondering how realistic it would be to get this piece. Is there a recommended proxy service / way to get F.I.L items if you don't live in Japan (currently living in east coast USA)?

From googling I get the sense that F.I.L. items are rare enough that I should just forget about them and pray they show up on grailed, etc. down the line, but figured I'd ask the community first.

FIL exclusive just means that the item is only stocked at official Visvim stores. They’re only rare, comparatively, in the past cause there were no stores in the US.

My bet is you’ll have no issue getting one if you go through a proxy (SampleKickz or Human Behavior are well known). I’ve never used either so can’t give a personal rec.

Samer

Reaction score
i grabbed this amplus mud hoodie online but didnt come with the bag. after seeing that mr p had a fake returned i was wondering if anyone can help me legit check?

also was curious if i should take the same size in jumbo hoodies as i did on this amplus? do those fit like normal hoodies? thanks in advance
This looks legit to me. Take the same size in the jumbo as you do the amplus. They're both oversized by the amplus is wider and shorter versus the jumbo which is just big. I much prefer the amplus as a 5'9 dude because the jumbo length is too long even in a size 3. I'm usually a 4 and take 3 in both amplus and jumbo.

kami

Reaction score
This looks legit to me. Take the same size in the jumbo as you do the amplus. They're both oversized by the amplus is wider and shorter versus the jumbo which is just big. I much prefer the amplus as a 5'9 dude because the jumbo length is too long even in a size 3. I'm usually a 4 and take 3 in both amplus and jumbo.

thanks man! i think i could fit into a size 3 in the amplus but it might be shorter than what i would like, i'm 5'10. hopefully i can try out a jumbo hoodie in store one of these days for my sure.

kyokusen

Reaction score
FIL exclusive just means that the item is only stocked at official Visvim stores. They’re only rare, comparatively, in the past cause there were no stores in the US.

My bet is you’ll have no issue getting one if you go through a proxy (SampleKickz or Human Behavior are well known). I’ve never used either so can’t give a personal rec.

Awesome thank you! I'll check those out and keep the thread updated if it works out.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new lumber shirt looked great until I saw the price tag. :confused:

zabo358

Reaction score
Anyone tried on the new pioneer cut? Is it basically a shorter version of the lumber?

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
really like the collar on the Levinson Fishtail. Not sure i could spend that much on it though. Maybe one I wait to see if goes in the sale if it comes to UK stores

Just picked up these Brigadiers in the sale. Much prefer the regular leather ones but prices on those always crazy so settled on a suede one. Never was a fan of how strong the contrast was on the white stitching with these black ones but on feet not that noticeable.

got a Kofu Kerchief coming. I've gambled a bit on a size 3 but picked up for £1800 ish which compared to most listings a good deal so worst case I just sell on

RaiseThePrice

Reaction score
really like the collar on the Levinson Fishtail. Not sure i could spend that much on it though. Maybe one I wait to see if goes in the sale if it comes to UK stores

Just picked up these Brigadiers in the sale. Much prefer the regular leather ones but prices on those always crazy so settled on a suede one. Never was a fan of how strong the contrast was on the white stitching with these black ones but on feet not that noticeable.

got a Kofu Kerchief coming. I've gambled a bit on a size 3 but picked up for £1800 ish which compared to most listings a good deal so worst case I just sell on

yep, i like the collar of the levinson parka even more as of the collarless six-five. ill try to get a pair of journeyman from the first drop. :eek:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads