• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

simcol

Reaction score
@pockets - I'd give the nail polish (+ a lot of elbow grease) a go. I had this issue on the plastic parts of my Christos, and the nail polish worked a treat. No longer sticky. So, you never know ...

simcol

Reaction score
Hey, @shopsecondhandvisvim other folks on this thread have suggested Shoe Goo, and others again mention that Freesole or Aquaseal is a better option as Shoe Goo dries fairly hard and can separate over time, whereas Freesole and Aquaseal are urethane-based and flex. Can't give a personal recommendation as I haven't tried myself, but just passing on the info I gathered from this thread when I was thinking of doing this myself (I ended up taking the lazy option and used a local cobbler). If you do end up using any of these, I'd be interested in knowing how it turns out. Cheers.

shopsecondhandvisvim

Reaction score
Hey, @shopsecondhandvisvim other folks on this thread have suggested Shoe Goo, and others again mention that Freesole or Aquaseal is a better option as Shoe Goo dries fairly hard and can separate over time, whereas Freesole and Aquaseal are urethane-based and flex. Can't give a personal recommendation as I haven't tried myself, but just passing on the info I gathered from this thread when I was thinking of doing this myself (I ended up taking the lazy option and used a local cobbler). If you do end up using any of these, I'd be interested in knowing how it turns out. Cheers.
Thanks for the suggestions!

HelterSkelter

Reaction score
Hey !
May I ask for legit check and season release for this 101JKT DMG?
Size tag with letter and damaged détails on the back make me doubt.

n41699-1.jpg
n41699-3.jpg
n41699-2.jpg
n41699-4.jpg

sloweasy

Reaction score
@HelterSkelter you didn't ask, but just wanted to mention you could probably get one that is quite a few years newer for not that much more if you're patient. Nevermind if you were looking for exactly that one.

HelterSkelter

Reaction score
@HelterSkelter you didn't ask, but just wanted to mention you could probably get one that is quite a few years newer for not that much more if you're patient. Nevermind if you were looking for exactly that one.
Ok thanks. I like this one, unless it’s quite old, because of its worn details.
I already own a 101jkt indigo.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is quite common, unfortunately, I have not found a fix, I've tried wiping them down with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover, it helped to get some of the dirt off, but otherwise I believe it's just a breakdown of the rubber over time with UV exposure.

The plastic bits are coated with "soft touch" paint. This will degrade and get tacky over time as you mentioned. Its an unfortunate side effect if you want that grippy feeling on plastics, since texture only does so much. Any acetone or similar will just melt off the soft touch paint, which is probably better than the tacky feeling.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Barge all purpose cement I think- has worked really well for other things. IIRC they do a clear one, but normally it has a bit of a yellow hue. May not matter if hidden.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
Just got the jumbo crash hoodie. Seems like this season the hoodie runs a bit small? I got a size 4 and it fits more like a 3 which is great for me.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Speaking of sizing, why is the Visvim sizing on their website so wrong for a lot of things? how do they measure so badly?

makes it such a pain. Even people on Grailed and Yahoo JP will use it making it hard to get idea of what actual measurements are.

END clothing here in UK one of the best to give good clear measurements

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads