• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 4.07.35 PM.png

Tempted, but too worried about fakes.

newyorkdork

Reaction score
Anyone else find the FKTs really uncomfortable to walk in because of the angled heel? It might just be the way my foot pronates making all my weight come down on one corner of the sole.

On the other I hand I love the Corda Folks which I just got.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the TWO really depends on the shape of your feet. If you have pretty normal feet than TTS works, but if your foot often has a tight instep (e.g. I always size up from 41 to 42 for my MMM GAT) then going up a half size makes sense.

I'm a TTS 8.5 and wear a 9 in the TWO.

Personally I think most of the Visvim boots fit pretty TTS.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was visvim thinking with the bulb at the heel of the wallace deck folk. There's only a tiny wedge of lug, which would probably wear through after less than a year. After paying 1k for a shoe, the last thing I want to do is send off to Japan, pay 400 for a round trip around the world just for a resole. Ridiculous. They shouldve just used a regular vibram lug, and incorporated their signature heelcup. That would allow easy vibram lug replacement since its not custom, and wouldnt make the shoe look so back heavy.

1639008359261.png

1639008427926.png

newyorkdork

Reaction score
It's on YJP too. If you get zenmarket.jp to buy or similar, they could do additional photos on arrival at their warehouse for you?

Is there any recourse if you get the photos and it turns out to be fake? In the US PayPal is pretty good about siding with the buyer in an authenticity dispute like this, but I'm not sure how the Japanese marketplaces/auctions (Mercari, Rakuma, YJP) work in this regard.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. You could email Zenmarket and ask? Not sure tbh.

Emixam

Reaction score
you are not protected when buying online through y!, mercari.

Hydeous

Reaction score
Anyone else find the FKTs really uncomfortable to walk in because of the angled heel? It might just be the way my foot pronates making all my weight come down on one corner of the sole.

On the other I hand I love the Corda Folks which I just got.

yeah. Super uncomfortable for me too

rms

Reaction score
yeah. Super uncomfortable for me too
In my top3 rotation ( 1/2 up from most / 1/2 down from Roland ) all are good except the mustard ones. Had to do cork-insole surgery to decrease that heel angle and lower instep. Also, the VS version most accommodating imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads