• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pockets

Reaction score
any tips on washing natural dye?

got some stains on a grey natural dye jumbo hoodie and i dont want to be too harsh with it

zabo358

Reaction score
Which season are yours from?

Josed (Santa Fe Store Manager) mentioned he machine washes and dryes his jeans, so surprised to hear you've had issues.

I'll give the jacket a handwash and report back my experience.
Dry 10 - SS20

If I remember correctly Josed told me he only owned one Dry piece, which was a jacket. Not sure if he ever washed it though? Definitely let me know how things turn out.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any tips on washing natural dye?

got some stains on a grey natural dye jumbo hoodie and i dont want to be too harsh with it
Low PH soap is what is typically recommend for natural dyes.

pockets

Reaction score
just got the ultrasonic thing off ebay, see how it goes. i have some laundress unscented somewhere, thanks

ggss09

Reaction score
Didn't really have an appreciation for Visvim until recently someone in the JE thread posted Lebron wearing one of the distressed hoodies and it looked phenomenal. Checked out some of their stuff in person at Nordstrom / Haven and the camp collar shirts blew me away too. Definitely on the radar now

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lebrons store is a stockist or Visvim, although it doesn’t look like they picked up anything for the FW season.

hobojones

Reaction score
I’ve combed through the thread back and forth and have 1 final question re: sizing for the ss21 iris jacket.

Consensus I’ve seen is size down 1 and some even sized down 2, but it’s to be noted that ss21 does fit shorter than ss20, correct? I checked measurements on the vis web store and measurements look plausible but then again my size 4 dotera has the tight shoulders issue despite the dropped shoulder seams stating otherwise. i’m a doofus and missed the size 4 iris and there’s only a size 2 left.

May just have to pass, but from everything I’ve been seeing people do say the iris fits huge I’m just unsure how huge. I think I tried on a size 2 SAR recently and it fit perfectly due to how oversized it is. I’m 6 ft1 for reference

Last edited:

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve combed through the thread back and forth and have 1 final question re: sizing for the ss21 iris jacket.

Consensus I’ve seen is size down 1 and some even sized down 2, but it’s to be noted that ss21 does fit shorter than ss20, correct? I checked measurements on the vis web store and measurements look plausible but then again my size 4 dotera has the tight shoulders issue despite the dropped shoulder seams stating otherwise. i’m a doofus and missed the size 4 iris and there’s only a size 2 left.

May just have to pass, but from everything I’ve been seeing people do say the iris fits huge I’m just unsure how huge. I think I tried on a size 2 SAR recently and it fit perfectly due to how oversized it is. I’m 6 ft1 for reference

My advice is don't size down too much to try to make a oversized fit look like a fitted fit. All these drop shoulder designs are cut so the shoulder seems are, well, dropped. If you size down to try to accommodate that it will mess up other porportions.

Personally I sized down 1 on the Iris Jkt and have gotten 3's in Iris Liners (usually get 2 in most stuff).

hobojones

Reaction score
Yeah, my gut says the same so I’m passing. I should more or less always just get my normal size. Thanks!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads