• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rms

Reaction score
Bored while waiting for the Turkey to roast. Here’s a relatively rare item. 3L Six-Five Fishtail. Has a poly lining on the inside.
Is the Iris jacket particularly warm? it has some sort of fill, right? Thinking about getting either an Iris or a Roadster swing but it never gets below 60 degrees here in Los Angeles. I own a dotera and I wear it like twice a year (and it’s still overkill).
Iris made for LA since needle stuck at 75

hobojones

Reaction score
Alright y’all are a bunch of enablers lol. Just got my bonus today too. Just gotta convince the wife and I’ll grab an iris. I’ll probably have to offload my dotera too. Thanks all

Retlas

Reaction score
Weather is never a factor!! Just look at boismnyugen on IG. Thailand living but still layering the items

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Weather is never a factor!! Just look at boismnyugen on IG. Thailand living but still layering the items

not sure how some of these guys wear what they wear in 30c+ heat and lot of these places humid as hell. Think I’d be in a light shirt/ shorts/ sandals daily

fortunately I’m in the UK so the layering comes in most of the year

only Visvim item I feel doesn’t suit the UK is the Christo’s. I’ve wanted a pair but the period of year you can wear them doesn’t make them worth the money. Even this summer I was wearing jackets and boots loads it was so wet

as for the standard iris I find it a fairly light jacket so suits like around 15c/ 60f. Anything significantly less and don’t think it keeps you particularly warm if on its own but works great as an under layer or more with hoody under

frunk

Reaction score
BF pickup…got the only 3…the pattern on the back sold me. Also picked up the plura bag.

Attachments

• FCC888AB-1400-4EA0-93F9-E7CCE61EC155.jpeg
    FCC888AB-1400-4EA0-93F9-E7CCE61EC155.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 80
  • C9F72AD5-A814-4F8C-B54B-FD9539FB8C4F.jpeg
    C9F72AD5-A814-4F8C-B54B-FD9539FB8C4F.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 110

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure how some of these guys wear what they wear in 30c+ heat and lot of these places humid as hell. Think I’d be in a light shirt/ shorts/ sandals daily

fortunately I’m in the UK so the layering comes in most of the year

only Visvim item I feel doesn’t suit the UK is the Christo’s. I’ve wanted a pair but the period of year you can wear them doesn’t make them worth the money. Even this summer I was wearing jackets and boots loads it was so wet

as for the standard iris I find it a fairly light jacket so suits like around 15c/ 60f. Anything significantly less and don’t think it keeps you particularly warm if on its own but works great as an under layer or more with hoody under
Retlas and I are in the same boat. UK weather is good for layering, but it is often wet. Mind you I'm in Sussex which is the sunniest part of the country! ?

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on the raffle list for the size 2 in JP, only one was made, lol.

Retlas

Reaction score
nice one... thanks.
I had my eye on a Copleston on YJP but it sold before bidding ended unfortunately.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice one... thanks.
I had my eye on a Copleston on YJP but it sold before bidding ended unfortunately.

It's too bad they're not going with goretex for the 3L's though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads