• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

simcol

Reaction score
Those armigers were heavily faked, as were the suede grizzlies and patrician mid released around the same season with the candy stripe tags. Handled em all at an underground market in Southern China. Honestly would be near impossible to tell, emixam and I discussed them being factory seconds, but who knows.
Fascinating stuff re the southern China markets! I guess in some ways - if it really is impossible to tell - it doesn't really matter. (Well, it does, but you know what I mean.) Ah well, it's bought now, so no going back. Just touch wood it isn't fake ... if it is, then it wasn't a really expensive mistake given the pricing (which I took as a reflection of the age of the item, but I suppose could be an indicator of fakeness). Still, very interesting to here of your experiences @Fycus , thank you!

coooaaat

Reaction score
Looking for some input on the "sand" suede colorway used in recent Virgils–hard to judge from pictures online. Suede obviously is one of those materials that's challenging to photograph. Still, which of these is closer to reality?

visvim-virgil-folk---sand---_0120102002006-sand_1.jpg

Visvim_Virgil_Boots_Folk_Sand_3_1024x1024.jpg

simcol

Reaction score
@Retlas / Other Styleforumers - anyone own a pair of FBT Shakers? Seems like an old model - the code is V006/05-04 (patchwork, true blue colourway), which is not a code that is familiar to me and I am wondering whether they fit true to size. The pair I am looking at are 9.5 and I am a 9. Seems close enough, unless they fit particularly big. Anyway, just on the off-chance someone has an old FBT pair and can provide a little help on this ...

Retlas

Reaction score
I haven’t owned a pair of shakers but think they were the made in Korea ones and have the same fitting as my G-line camo ones. If that’s the case, then I would say go up half a size. They look the same shape wise etc

Attachments

• 4735B7A7-37F9-4495-A77E-6D66EE79CE17.jpeg
    4735B7A7-37F9-4495-A77E-6D66EE79CE17.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 58

simcol

Reaction score
I haven’t owned a pair of shakers but think they were the made in Korea ones and have the same fitting as my G-line camo ones. If that’s the case, then I would say go up half a size. They look the same shape wise etc
Thanks! They are Korean made, and so it sounds like a 9.5 would (should) be perfect for my 9.0 feet! Appreciate the input, bud!

Samir

Reaction score
Looking for some input on the "sand" suede colorway used in recent Virgils–hard to judge from pictures online. Suede obviously is one of those materials that's challenging to photograph. Still, which of these is closer to reality?
I own these and it's the latter.

coooaaat

Reaction score
thanks!

Looking to buy size 11 Virgils in burgundy or dark brown leather

Last edited:

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to potentially trade my size 9 Visvim two boots AW20 in burnished leather for any of the non-burnished versions.

Darius.T

Reaction score

visvim-virgil-folk---sand---_0120102002006-sand_1.jpg

Visvim_Virgil_Boots_Folk_Sand_3_1024x1024.jpg

Second Samir‘s opinion. It‘s the later.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got the Thorson II. What is the sizing like? Size down 1, 2, TTS?

simcol

Reaction score
@Retlas / Other Styleforumers - anyone own a pair of FBT Shakers? Seems like an old model - the code is V006/05-04 (patchwork, true blue colourway), which is not a code that is familiar to me and I am wondering whether they fit true to size. The pair I am looking at are 9.5 and I am a 9. Seems close enough, unless they fit particularly big. Anyway, just on the off-chance someone has an old FBT pair and can provide a little help on this ...
Anyone know the year/season for this? Been struggling to find any reference to V006/05-04. I am guessing the 04 is a reference to the colourway ("true blue"), but maybe there is a clue to the model year from the 06/05? Maybe 2006???

No worries, I found the answer 2008A/W. The only season the Shaker was released apparently.

Last edited:

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got the Thorson II. What is the sizing like? Size down 1, 2, TTS?

I tried to size down 1 and I thought it looked weird since it's supposed to be oversized. I just got my normal size (2).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads