• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

simcol

Reaction score
Hi there. Can someone please help me identify these boots from the 2011 collection? Thanks in advance! VisBoots.jpeg

simcol

Reaction score
armiger Boots folk…. Think those are 2011or 12.
They were cordovan leather. Fit TTS
Thanks @Retlas - very kind and helpful. Yes, Armiger. My size and I pulled the trigger already. Old, but good price and look in good nick. Let's see when they arrive .... Really appreciated.

Retlas

Reaction score
Thanks @Retlas - very kind and helpful. Yes, Armiger. My size and I pulled the trigger already. Old, but good price and look in good nick. Let's see when they arrive .... Really appreciated.

I love them… at the time we’re coveted by all. Great boots and can be worn casual or smart

simcol

Reaction score
I love them… at the time we’re coveted by all. Great boots and can be worn casual or smart
Yep, looking forward to trying them on when they get to me. So, you still using yours after all this time? They wear well by the sound of it!

Retlas

Reaction score
i do... but not regularly... perhaps 2 -3 times a year... i have too many to be honest.. so my grizzlies are on their 3rd resole... my newell's have done well. My old veritas folk are almost like new after 10 years. Not enough days in the week to wear them all but when the armigers were new... i wore them daily

simcol

Reaction score
i do... but not regularly... perhaps 2 -3 times a year... i have too many to be honest.. so my grizzlies are on their 3rd resole... my newell's have done well. My old veritas folk are almost like new after 10 years. Not enough days in the week to wear them all but when the armigers were new... i wore them daily
Ha, love the "too many" comment. Me too! Way too many. But these just looked too good to pass up. I missed out on a pair a while back (on Rakuten), so I am glad to have filled this 'gap' in my Visvim Boot collection. Still, I think I really have to stop there ... well, until the next time :).

Retlas

Reaction score
Ha, love the "too many" comment. Me too! Way too many. But these just looked too good to pass up. I missed out on a pair a while back (on Rakuten), so I am glad to have filled this 'gap' in my Visvim Boot collection. Still, I think I really have to stop there ... well, until the next time :).

Until next time are famous last words…

simcol

Reaction score
Talking about that "next time" I wonder if anyone on here has a pair of the 2011 Tabi Sashiko-Folk and, if so, whether they fit TTS? Thanks in advance, SF community ....

Retlas

Reaction score
Don’t have the one’s from 2011… but think mine are from 2016’s spot drop. They fit half size big I found

rms

Reaction score

Yes, have same. And a more waxy version ( kangaroo ? ).
Wouldn't mind a clever ICT release in these.

simcol

Reaction score
Don’t have the one’s from 2011… but think mine are from 2016’s spot drop. They fit half size big I found
Thanks! Maybe it's just easier if you tell us which Visvim footwear item you don't own @Retlas ! Colour me jealous ....

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those armigers were heavily faked, as were the suede grizzlies and patrician mid released around the same season with the candy stripe tags. Handled em all at an underground market in Southern China. Honestly would be near impossible to tell, emixam and I discussed them being factory seconds, but who knows.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads