• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retlas

Reaction score
I'd still just go TTS. They size out the pants to be wider so they can be worn they way they're supposed to. I grabbed a pair and took a look at the measurements, and it actually is about 35". Don't forget they're also really high waist.

Either way I wear Size 2 in most of the pants and size 2 works for me here.

Good insight and thanks for checking the measurements on them for me. Need to think about the high waist thing... don't want to look like Farmer Giles in them

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any recommendations for alternatives to the Eiger Sanction Pant? Not looking at the Jumbo's, as they are too wide, but something similar to the thicker pair that may be around 2018?

Looked at Real McCoy's, Beaugan, TUKI etc. but they are all quite wide and repro focused.

renozz

Reaction score
Has anyone had luck with Japanese proxy services that allow you to declare the value of an item ? I know fromJapan does, but looking for alternatives.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had luck with Japanese proxy services that allow you to declare the value of an item ? I know fromJapan does, but looking for alternatives.
From JP won't. The best option is Zenmarket but don't choose UPS. Fedex or EMS should be fine. White Rabbit Express do, but I have not used them before and they charge 12% comission. Zenmarket charges a flat fee of 300 yen per item.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Zen Market never had trouble with easy to mark value down. I browse using Buyee as find their site/ app better but make bids/ purchases on Zen Market

only issue with zen market for me is you have to put money into your account and then bid and I’m sure money lost on exchange rates/ charges in the process.

bit of pain to put $1,000 in to make a bid. Lose the auction and have to request to have money paid back

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you spend enough they give you credit. My credit limit is 50k yen which does help. Just got the Peerless Gore piece and didn't put the full amount down before hand so lessened the risk. It is annoying as you say but using Wise definitely lowers the fees and is very quick.

I find From JP good for searching as it pulls through rakuten as well.

White Rabbit Express can haggle on your behalf apparently and will buy on Mercari so could be a good option to get costs down on their fees, as well as mark down the parcel.

Retlas

Reaction score
Totally agree re Wise helping out as you do lose on the exchange rate if you bring your balance back.
I marked down a parcel via fedex today with no issues

ibn_pengel

Reaction score

Anyone found a magical way to get stuff from the US website without paying customs and tax? I assume impossible

Annoyingly the Japan web store doesn’t have them which is the one method you could get a proxy to get them and avoid customs

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone found a magical way to get stuff from the US website without paying customs and tax? I assume impossible

Annoyingly the Japan web store doesn’t have them which is the one method you could get a proxy to get them and avoid customs
I was talking to Retlas about this. Not used them but have a look at these guys. They seem to offer mark downs.

Special Handling Fees
Hazmat Processing Fee$12.50 per Hazmat type
Editing Commercial Invoice Fee$25 per commercial invoice
Address Correction Fee$5 per incoming package requiring address lookup**
Package Return$7.50 per pre-paid shipping label
Personal shopping fee *$10 per online retailer
- 8.5% of the purchase value (capped at $100)
Special Request Fee$4 for the first photo, $1 for each additional photo
Shipment Value Protection***Minimum Charge of $6.00
- $3.00 per $100 of declared value

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
I was talking to Retlas about this. Not used them but have a look at these guys. They seem to offer mark downs.

Special Handling Fees
Hazmat Processing Fee$12.50 per Hazmat type
Editing Commercial Invoice Fee$25 per commercial invoice
Address Correction Fee$5 per incoming package requiring address lookup**
Package Return$7.50 per pre-paid shipping label
Personal shopping fee *$10 per online retailer
- 8.5% of the purchase value (capped at $100)
Special Request Fee$4 for the first photo, $1 for each additional photo
Shipment Value Protection***Minimum Charge of $6.00
- $3.00 per $100 of declared value

ah nice one. I should have been clearer in my original post. I’m in Uk. So I could use these guys to ship to US then ship to me in UK with no taxes/ custom fees? But just so I understand I would still need to pay the custom fees that Visvim charge for it to arrive in the US? I find it bizarre Visvim don’t include the total cost including fees given it’s their US store.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah nice one. I should have been clearer in my original post. I’m in Uk. So I could use these guys to ship to US then ship to me in UK with no taxes/ custom fees? But just so I understand I would still need to pay the custom fees that Visvim charge for it to arrive in the US? I find it bizarre Visvim don’t include the total cost including fees given it’s their US store.
I'm UK too hence I looked at it before.

It's a forward warehouse when you can ship your parcel too, which will be a US address. You send it there. They'll accept it and then send it on.

Never ordered from Vis in the US so no idea what the deal is but I assume you'll have to pay US retail as per the store prices.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
I'm UK too hence I looked at it before.

It's a forward warehouse when you can ship your parcel too, which will be a US address. You send it there. They'll accept it and then send it on.

Never ordered from Vis in the US so no idea what the deal is but I assume you'll have to pay US retail as per the store prices.

Cool! So I guess only question for those in US if they know, if Brigadier's $1,200 that's the final cost if shipped within the US from the US Visvim web store? I've always been confused as to whether with the US Visvim webstore there's still custom fees or taxes. I assume not if items already in the US but want to be sure haha

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least for shoes, US retail is pretty close to JP retail.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
20210924_124523.jpg

Dog Walking Outfit #47

FBT Elk (2007)
Pastoral Shorts (DMGD Moleskin) (2014)
Jumbo Tee S/S (Veggie Dye) (2017)
Artifact Coverall (Corduroy) (2012)
Excelsior Cap (Chino) (2018)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads