• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah reservations closed in Japan so nothing to share but as @keykoo mentioned it's fairly muted (in a good way to me). Lots of things I'd be interested in trying out like the thorson iii, overalls, mondo sweat, Foley or skag low with chunky sole but not enough to push me over the edge. Strong selections from exclusives like the crash coverall and check shirt which were in my order.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah reservations closed in Japan so nothing to share but as @keykoo mentioned it's fairly muted (in a good way to me). Lots of things I'd be interested in trying out like the thorson iii, overalls, mondo sweat, Foley or skag low with chunky sole but not enough to push me over the edge. Strong selections from exclusives like the crash coverall and check shirt which were in my order.

Oh yeah, the overalls were nice but I didn’t think I could pull them off. I actually thought the pants selection was pretty cool but did not want to order without trying them on (did virtual). I probably picked up the loudest pieces (birds, hickory, gradient knit, etc)

gian2

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the overalls were nice but I didn’t think I could pull them off. I actually thought the pants selection was pretty cool but did not want to order without trying them on (did virtual). I probably picked up the loudest pieces (birds, hickory, gradient knit, etc)

bird shirt is nice! In yellow? I really like the harmon check shirts, the FIL exclusive alda pants looks good too, actually quite like some of the new slacks but I don’t think I will use them

Liking the SS more than the upcoming FW haha

Retlas

Reaction score
the look book isnt great IMO. I mean, i focused more on the Porsche than the clothes.

Seen about 2 "upgrades" that I may go for... keen to eventually see the summer 22 stuff (so I can plan my JP trip)

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bird shirt is nice! In yellow? I really like the harmon check shirts, the FIL exclusive alda pants looks good too, actually quite like some of the new slacks but I don’t think I will use them

Liking the SS more than the upcoming FW haha

Got the white because I liked the brighter pattern colors better.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the look book isnt great IMO. I mean, i focused more on the Porsche than the clothes.

It's a very nice car though :D

The look book isn't great, but there's some good pieces in this season. I wish they had taken more shots that showed the details of the items instead of the same get up in three different poses.

Retlas

Reaction score
Yeah, i think that's what made it a bit dull for me. I had seen the pre lookbook shots and definitely had my eye on a few pieces (new versions of old styles) but... the look book seem devoid of inspiration.

as for the car... it's great.

PinkuMan

Reaction score
I agree that there are some really cool understated pieces, and I love the new deck-folk, but I think my main gripe with the lookbook is that some of the stylings just fell a bit flat. The photography work didn't help either I thought overall it just seemed super bland.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comparing it to a more favorable recent lookbook:

I think the shots just don't have interesting things in them. I feel like nearly every shot in the FW16/17 lookbook has something that grabs your attention whether it's a bright color on the clothes, something interesting about the texture, or the actual location of the shot.

Current one feels very low energy/bland and doesn't do the clothes right.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite piece from FW21-22 that I didn't preorder is the white/cream Four Winds Coat (W/L). Really liked the light camo pattern on it. I think it's in some of the shots but they don't highlight the pattern at all.

PinkuMan

Reaction score
Comparing it to a more favorable recent lookbook:

I think the shots just don't have interesting things in them. I feel like nearly every shot in the FW16/17 lookbook has something that grabs your attention whether it's a bright color on the clothes, something interesting about the texture, or the actual location of the shot.

Current one feels very low energy/bland and doesn't do the clothes right.

Ya that's what I was getting at. This year it seems Hiroki was like "I have cool car, here is my cool car. Oh ****, is that a lake over there? Ya just like stand there or something".

m.ello

Reaction score
lookbook is alright, nothing really standing out for me yet. might go for the alta down and some of the amplus sweats

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads