• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zabo358

Reaction score
Probably an Iris Liner or P.F.D if you want classic styles and are buying second hand. Going to be the same warmth as a similar shell style jacket as any other brand.
Are Iris liners tts? I take a 2 in jumbo tees + sublig. 5’8 143lb for context.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Looking to get my first Visvim outerwear piece and was hoping to get a few recommendations from the community. I don’t have the luxury of seeing any items in person so I don’t know how much warmth each piece will provide.

For context I live in Houston and can only wear a jacket 2-3 months tops. Coldest it typically gets is low 40s. Looking for something that wil pair well with jumbo sweats, damaged jeans and brigadier boots. I am 5’8 so long jackets are probably a no go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i agree with others and say get an Iris Liner. Other option to me would be Thorson JKT but Iris Liner more versatile. My favourites are the ones with the stripes around the torso (they’ve done those in black/ pink/ Olive/ navy) as have the simple option on one side and the stripes option on the other but perhaps a bit too light compared to the ones with Mohair. But great thing with Iris liner is looks great as a layer under a bigger jacket for the colder days or as the top layer with hoody underneath

simcol

Reaction score
Looking to get my first Visvim outerwear piece and was hoping to get a few recommendations from the community. I don’t have the luxury of seeing any items in person so I don’t know how much warmth each piece will provide.

For context I live in Houston and can only wear a jacket 2-3 months tops. Coldest it typically gets is low 40s. Looking for something that wil pair well with jumbo sweats, damaged jeans and brigadier boots. I am 5’8 so long jackets are probably a no go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
So many options. Personally, I would go for the Kilgore, maybe the Achse - or my personal left of field favourite - the CAF Combat Jacket. But then, it all depends on personal taste, right?

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Iris liners tts? I take a 2 in jumbo tees + sublig. 5’8 143lb for context.

If you want it to have more of a tight/modern fit just get tts, otherwise size up one. I usually wear a size 2, but size down for oversized fits like the lumber shirt but wear a 3 in the liner.

Make sure you get the IRIS LINER and not the IRIS JKT. The JKT is huge.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also I'm a "generous" 5'8" and I wear a lot of the mid-length to longer coats from Visvim. I guess it really depends on your body shape though, but most of their clients in Japan are even shorter than that...

pastrystar23

Reaction score
regarding the sanjuro kimono post 2018, does anyone know if they gained pockets like the lhamo shirts?

redSquare

Reaction score

Don’t shy away from the longer length jackets brother. The Galen works will with sweats, braces, denim you name it. I love the fit and versatility so much that I’ve got a few (two size 3 and one size 4). I’m 5’9” and go 145-148 lbs. The 4 is pushing the large side but I layer it. While they can be warm, they fit loose and airy so they just don’t get too hot imo. I think I’ve posted a few Galen fits on IG.

Emixam

Reaction score
anybody wearing visvim shoes for 5 years ++? Can I see the pictures?

Aw14, Virgil horween bison, worn for 7 years total - intensive wear during the 3 first years and they are now my outdoor boots. They are in serious need for a resole.
_20210726_171727.JPG

zabo358

Reaction score
Appreciate the jacket suggestions everyone.

On a side note here’s a few new pickups. Charcoal/Navy Jumbo Uneven Dye + WMV Brigadiers.

Attachments

• 59B18BC5-585F-4052-82DD-DD3ED7721983.jpeg
    59B18BC5-585F-4052-82DD-DD3ED7721983.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 19
  • E031D0C1-C4A6-475D-92D5-7B020C4B637B.jpeg
    E031D0C1-C4A6-475D-92D5-7B020C4B637B.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 47
  • C05D45C3-CD16-45E0-BC9A-51F63888EE85.jpeg
    C05D45C3-CD16-45E0-BC9A-51F63888EE85.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 49

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
regarding the sanjuro kimono post 2018, does anyone know if they gained pockets like the lhamo shirts?
Just the social sculpture ict releases with hidden front pockets but those were pre 2018. There's also the mainline wool iteration with patch pockets.

What's everyone's thoughts on spring 2022? I think they made some really great pieces, especially the FIL exclusives. Sneakers and footwear are mostly a miss to me, but the shirts and outerwear are pretty strong.

shopsecondhandvisvim

Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on spring 2022? I think they made some really great pieces, especially the FIL exclusives. Sneakers and footwear are mostly a miss to me, but the shirts and outerwear are pretty strong.
Where can I find pictures? Is the Lookbook out?

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just the social sculpture ict releases with hidden front pockets but those were pre 2018. There's also the mainline wool iteration with patch pockets.

I thought this season was a lot more muted than the last couple seasons. I didn't find any of the outerwear particularly interesting, but that might be because I have a fair number of pieces already and most of the releases seemed like new cuts of old favorites. I picked up a handful shirts, ND hoodies, and a knit.

Where can I find pictures? Is the Lookbook out?

Fycus probably went to the trunk show (either physically or virtually).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads