• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zabo358

Reaction score
Has anyone spoken with a Vis rep regarding the inaccuracy of the sizing measurements on their website? Curious if there are plans to fix them because from the pieces I've measured all have been off a decent amount.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone spoken with a Vis rep regarding the inaccuracy of the sizing measurements on their website? Curious if there are plans to fix them because from the pieces I've measured all have been off a decent amount.
Mostly smaller or larger than they say, or both?

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found measurements to be mostly accurate. All that being said, I would never risk buying something online that I couldn't return (Visvim doesn't allow returns) unless you were certain about the sizing.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gonna take a guess, measurements are taken during sample phase, when items haven't gone into production. I'm assuming this because measurements are available during pre-orders, and from I've seen don't change. So whatever measurements you see aren't necessarily of the production level product, and it is possible that the measurements are derived from the patterns only (sz 2 or 3 in most cases), rather than the full size run. I agree with your sentiments, I've lost a lot of money having to resell things that were way off in terms of measurements.

alex99

Reaction score

This has been an issue for many years. I completely stopped buying from the website because of this. Too much time wasted and money lost. The worst experience I had was with a Visvim MUD HOODIE F.Z. (GIZA). Size 2 was advertized with length of 64.5 cm (25.4 inches). When the hoodie arrived, it was barely past 23 inches. I even sent the measurements to Visvim asking if I could exchange it but they refused.

Take a look:

mud_hoodie_fz1.jpg

mud_hoodie_fz2.jpg

Emixam

Reaction score
Where are the 101xx fit pic? We need to see this jacket in action!

Last edited:

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’d like to see a 101xx in action. I was looking at getting one from the trunk show but wasn’t sure how it’d look in my actual size.

zabo358

Reaction score
Looking to get my first Visvim outerwear piece and was hoping to get a few recommendations from the community. I don’t have the luxury of seeing any items in person so I don’t know how much warmth each piece will provide.

For context I live in Houston and can only wear a jacket 2-3 months tops. Coldest it typically gets is low 40s. Looking for something that wil pair well with jumbo sweats, damaged jeans and brigadier boots. I am 5’8 so long jackets are probably a no go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to get my first Visvim outerwear piece...

Probably an Iris Liner or P.F.D if you want classic styles and are buying second hand. Going to be the same warmth as a similar shell style jacket as any other brand.

Retlas

Reaction score
Kilgore jacket would also work but perhaps too understated for you. They do different iterations, linen, cotton etc

pastrystar23

Reaction score
This has been an issue for many years. I completely stopped buying from the website because of this. Too much time wasted and money lost. The worst experience I had was with a Visvim MUD HOODIE F.Z. (GIZA). Size 2 was advertized with length of 64.5 cm (25.4 inches). When the hoodie arrived, it was barely past 23 inches. I even sent the measurements to Visvim asking if I could exchange it but they refused.

Take a look:

View attachment 1641790

View attachment 1641791
that sucks. I've learned from experience that veggie and mud dyed items usually shrink during the process. not so much a problem with the jumbo models, but with the FZ models which is basically the JV cut, you have to always size up.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Looking to get my first Visvim outerwear piece and was hoping to get a few recommendations from the community. I don’t have the luxury of seeing any items in person so I don’t know how much warmth each piece will provide.

For context I live in Houston and can only wear a jacket 2-3 months tops. Coldest it typically gets is low 40s. Looking for something that wil pair well with jumbo sweats, damaged jeans and brigadier boots. I am 5’8 so long jackets are probably a no go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'd say go with an Iris liner jkt, preferably the ones with the mohair lining. much more versatile and not too hot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads