• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zabo358

Reaction score
If you plan on using the platform again, I would advise against it. Such is the life of doing business with online auctions. Best to resell at a minor loss if you can and avoid the seller for future purchases. It's really not ZenMarket's fault, so not sure why you are penalizing them, they are merely an intermediary between the seller and you, and in no way a source of authentication or authority in goods purchased.

FYI, insane deal on some 7-hole 73 in size 11 (Note these fit .5 size big like all 7-hole). Unclear if glamood will include box and tags, but theyre legit

Never said I was filing the chargeback. Was just asking if that is the only course of action to get your money back. Wasn't sure if Zenmarket would reach out to the seller and ask for a refund or threaten to leave negative feedback ect.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Never said I was filing the chargeback. Was just asking if that is the only course of action to get your money back. Wasn't sure if Zenmarket would reach out to the seller and ask for a refund or threaten to leave negative feedback ect.
"However, ZenMarket is not responsible for the acts of sellers, such as delays, the item not matching the description on their website, or delivery of broken or incorrect items. Our staff will help you to communicate with sellers to resolve disputes, but we do not guarantee positive results."

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is very much sold as seen with a service like Zen. That's why they put things like disclaimers on sellers negative feedback and won't buy from sellers with less that 5 reviews.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you plan on using the platform again, I would advise against it. Such is the life of doing business with online auctions. Best to resell at a minor loss if you can and avoid the seller for future purchases. It's really not ZenMarket's fault, so not sure why you are penalizing them, they are merely an intermediary between the seller and you, and in no way a source of authentication or authority in goods purchased.

FYI, insane deal on some 7-hole 73 in size 11 (Note these fit .5 size big like all 7-hole). Unclear if glamood will include box and tags, but theyre legit

I have a pair of us11 grizzlys from aw12. Would these fit? My 7 holes are from 2010 or so in a us12.

Also, do we reckon they take the tax off? Would be cheeky if not.

Last edited:

shopsecondhandvisvim

Reaction score

pastrystar23

Reaction score
I think I can speak for many on here when I say I've been burned more than once on item condition from JPY auction items. Such is the risk for possibly getting something like a herge coat with tag and bag for $247 :)

zabo358

Reaction score
I think I can speak for many on here when I say I've been burned more than once on item condition from JPY auction items. Such is the risk for possibly getting something like a herge coat with tag and bag for $247 :)
Problem is I got into a bidding war and paid just under jpy retail…no steal price over here. If it was a $250 loss I wouldn’t have bothered to post here.

Last edited:

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Problem is I got into a bidding war and paid just under jpy retail…no steal price over here
Yeah, that sucks. Personally I have not used Zenmarket. I use Buyee and with them there is an option to add a 500 yen insurance in case the item arrives not as described or fake and they do that with an item inspection, in two cases I was refunded when the item they inspected turned out to not be in very good condition. They also provide (for a fee) a service to take a picture of the item and so you can inspect it yourself and assess if a return process should proceed which is a lot easier when the item is still in Japan. Buyee also has certified sellers and those are the ones that I'm down with bidding on as an auction, zenmarket may be cheaper and may mark down customs, but when you get burned on an expensive item, that extra bit you pay for Buyee becomes so worth it.

caveat emptor

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Problem is I got into a bidding war and paid just under jpy retail…no steal price over here. If it was a $250 loss I wouldn’t have bothered to post here.
It also sounds like the denim was probably dry cleaned. Many think dry cleaning is good, but actually it's not "dry" at all. It's just washing in solvent instead of water and that usually leads to a kind of shrinkage of the fiber that is not reversible, it can also strip away fabric finishes and if its not a good organic solvent can damage the fabric. I actually don't recommend dry cleaning for most items, especially denim.

zabo358

Reaction score
Yeah, that sucks. Personally I have not used Zenmarket. I use Buyee and with them there is an option to add a 500 yen insurance in case the item arrives not as described or fake and they do that with an item inspection, in two cases I was refunded when the item they inspected turned out to not be in very good condition. They also provide (for a fee) a service to take a picture of the item and so you can inspect it yourself and assess if a return process should proceed which is a lot easier when the item is still in Japan. Buyee also has certified sellers and those are the ones that I'm down with bidding on as an auction, zenmarket may be cheaper and may mark down customs, but when you get burned on an expensive item, that extra bit you pay for Buyee becomes so worth it.

caveat emptor
Thanks for the rundown. I’m bailing on zenmarket and going forward will use buyee since there is additional protection. What got me was the seller had 300 positive feedback and zero negative. Unfortunately most people don’t know what dry denim is so having that inspected by the untrained eye would have probably led to the same outcome.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can pay for photos with Zen. Buyee was fine for me but the packaging was crap compared with Zenmarket. Plus if you live in a country where import duties apply, e.g. UK, like me, then Zen is the only option as they mark down.

shopsecondhandvisvim

Reaction score
List of good deals I've seen lately:
Sorry for spam in advance

FW20 Varsity Jacket
Price: $850
Size: 2,5

FW20 Handyman Shirt Check
Price: $500
Size: 2,3,4,5

SS20 Ultimate Jumbo Tee
Price: $152 (Use Code: CANDY for an extra 10% off)
Size: 1,2

Attica Trainer Beige
Price: $493 (with 15% off using code: STYLEFORUM051)
Size: 9 (these fit small; size up half-full size from normal)

Attica Trainer Red
Price: $493 (with 15% off using code: STYLEFORUM051)
Size: 10 (these fit small; size up half-full size from normal)

Lhamo Shirt MIl
Price: $486.50
Size: 3

Nabi Moc Hi-Black
Price: $381.50 (with code VIPMIDSUMMER for 50% off)
Size: 9,10,11

FW20 Sanjuro Kimono Down - Light Brown
Price: $882.50 (with code VIPMIDSUMMER for 50% off)
Size: 3,4

FW20 Grand River Crash Shirt-White
Price: $787 (with code VIPMIDSUMMER for 50% off)
Size: 3

Down Muffler
Price: $319.5 (with code VIPMIDSUMMER for 50% off)

SS21 Harrier Down Jacket -Camo
Price: $2283
Size: 4,5

SS20 Free Edge Shirt
Price: $449
Size: 2,3

FW20 Six Five Fishtail Parka
Price: $1456
Size: 4

FW20 Nabi Moc Hi -Brown
Price: $485
Size: 8,9,10,11

FW20 Sublig Jumbo 3 Pack
Price: $443
Size: 2

SS20 Striped Cornet Shirt
Price: $556

SS20 Grease Monkey Canoid Santome
Price: $1040

FW18 Dotera Mil Coat
Price: $863

Chamdo Parka
Price: $1689
Size: 1,2,3

FBT Shaman Folk
Price: $432
Size: 8.5, 9, 9.5,10

Jumbo Hoodie Hand Numbering - Black
Price: $361

Catskill Shirt- Black
Price: $526
Size: 2,4

Lumber Chambray
Price: $566

SS20 Cornet Shirt
Price: $528
Size: 4

FW20 Brigadier Boots Folk Black Suede
Price: $611
Size: 12

Flynt II
Price: $442 (Grey), $451 (Black)
Size: 10.5 (Grey), 10 (Black)

Brigadier Boots Folk Sand Suede
Price: $638
Size:12

Free Edge- White
Price: $471
Size: 2,5

Lhamo Shirt Mil
Price: $493

SS21 Skagway G. Hi
Price: $760
Size: 8

SS20 Jumbo Sweatshirt Veggie Dye
Price : $434
Size: 1,5

SS20 Peyton Swing Top Check
Price: $712
Size: 1,2,5

30% off site wide
prices are in Australian dollars

Pretty good deals here too

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Who else would love to see Weston Kay of Rose Anvil cut a pair of Virgils or Grizzlys in half?

anyone on the forum with more pull than me with the FIL staff? it would be cool if you could get them to send a pair to him. Great marketing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads