• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FJ will definitely mark down, there is an option to change the value during the shipping charge/selection
Perfect. Can they do order requests where the shop only allow email purchases?

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the visvim engineer folk boots size? Does it depend on season or is it pretty uniform?

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saying my account has been blocked from bidding on auctions?!

Do you need to setup a balance like zen or pay on order like buyee?

m.ello

Reaction score
I'm not so sure. I've ordered from random shop sites before but none that required emails first. If you submit an order they should get back to you relatively quick. I don't see why they wouldn't.

m.ello

Reaction score
Saying my account has been blocked from bidding on auctions?!

Do you need to setup a balance like zen or pay on order like buyee?

Yeah I have to setup a balance for auctions, I keep my paypal account connected to it so it's instant

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reporting back. I received two replies from FJ:

"Unfortunately, as modifying items values on the invoice is against the law, we are unable to offer to do so. Thank you very much for your understanding on this matter."

"We are very sorry, but currently we do not offer to help with purchases from Mercari."

Case closed (?) ?

Last edited:

Emixam

Reaction score
I think they size a half size down or so. Been relatively uniform the last couple seasons but also depends on the type of leather used.

I second that, all iterations been pretty snug, size up mandatory

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reporting back. I received two replies from FJ:

"Unfortunately, as modifying items values on the invoice is against the law, we are unable to offer to do so. Thank you very much for your understanding on this matter."

"We are very sorry, but currently we do not offer to help with purchases from Mercari."

Case closed (?) ?
hope not. just ordered some eiger shorts off the back of m.ello's advice. o_O

zabo358

Reaction score
How many washes do you typically get out of a natural dyed product (ie Jumbo tee) before it has lost most of it's dye and it looks fairly faded?

deepdiver93

Reaction score
How do kerchiefs fit again? I am 5'8", 140 lbs and usually do size 1/small in long sleeve button ups and coats, however I guess it depends if it is something I want to wear it more as a shirt (get a size 1) vs. an overshirt (get a size 2)?

Retlas

Reaction score
i have heard the new versions (this season and last's fit larger) so you can go TTS... the older iterations were a size up job

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do kerchiefs fit again? I am 5'8", 140 lbs and usually do size 1/small in long sleeve button ups and coats, however I guess it depends if it is something I want to wear it more as a shirt (get a size 1) vs. an overshirt (get a size 2)?

Old ones you should size up 1, new ones you should size down 1 (unless you want the oversize fit, then get TTS). Even with sizing down 1 on the new ones, it will still look big compared to the old ones.

deepdiver93

Reaction score
thanks guys, I'm more interested in the cowboy/kapa patterns which are older ones so might go a size 2

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New ones are just the ones released starting from last year that are drop shoulder. All the other ones, regardless of pattern, would be considered "old" sizing and should size up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads