• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retlas

Reaction score
Yeah that is piss poor service to be honest. I have a friend who lives in Leeds (where Hip is)... i will give him a shout and see if he knows anyone there so we can get you some proper customer service.

I had the same issue with Flannels... box said M9 and then when i eventually opened them to wear (5 months) the shoes were M8s so too small. Flannels were good about it though and I got a cash credit within a week.

qcqc

Reaction score
Yes pretty bad service. But my case is even worst. I have one shoe size 9 and another size 10. I can’t even sell this...
I’m also disappointed with Visvim who didn’t bother to reply to my e-mails.
Do you guys have a contact person in Visvim who I could talk to directly?

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you email one of the stores. Or if you are US based call one of them?

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Yes pretty bad service. But my case is even worst. I have one shoe size 9 and another size 10. I can’t even sell this...
why would this be visvim's fault? I'm sure when they sent the shoes to the hip store they were the same size. you need to be blaming the hip store for not checking their stock, obviously shoes get mixed up as people try them on (it's very common). it's also on you to check the product as well. If i'm spending hundreds of dollars on a shoe you best believe I am inspecting them before I step foot out the store.

caveat emptor.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is an issue between you and the retailer. Why would Visvim get involved? Their customer (through wholesale) was the retailer, not you. You should initiating a chargeback (if still eligible) against the retailer.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
retailers usually assume liability for like 90 days, after that youre kinda hosed. I had that issue with some cheap eytys sneakers way back when. I wore maybe twice over 6 months and the sole started to completely separate from the upper. Hypebeast store told me to contact eytys, eytys told me to pound sand. Lesson learned...

Retlas

Reaction score
yes or no ? I usually wear 4 in everything, this is size 3 and biggest size left. The sweatshirt I am wearing underneath is oversized, so with a Tshirt underneath only the width is perfect, I amjust concerned about the body length, but it seems the 101xx is a bit cropped...give me your honest comment !

buddy... just seen this and IMO - it looks GGGGREAT

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its gigantic. I was always a size 5 in pre-2020 visvim, but now I find myself swimming in a 4
Have you got a fit pic of you in the 4? Also what height are you. Would be useful to see as I am looking at an Amplus in a 4.

asuaku96

Reaction score
Hi, guys

How's the sizing of Patrician WT Hi Folk?
Is it as narrow as virgil?
I wear sz 8us in virgil
If I take sz 9us in patrician, will it be fine?
Thanx

rms

Reaction score
Hi, guys

How's the sizing of Patrician WT Hi Folk?
Is it as narrow as virgil?
I wear sz 8us in virgil
If I take sz 9us in patrician, will it be fine?
Thanx
Had those in suede, recall large to size. Had side zipps. 1 size up from Virgils will be very roomy.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Have you got a fit pic of you in the 4? Also what height are you. Would be useful to see as I am looking at an Amplus in a 4.
I have a 4 TITL AMPlus and it's huge. I'm 185/6'1 so I think you would need to go down to a 3.

Reaction score
I'm a fan of mixing Japanese and Western.
Jacket is a vintage noragi
FBT shoes

Also, does anyone know how to clean the sueded leather on the FBTs? One of my pairs has a watermelon juice stain on it.

Capture2.PNG

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Had those in suede, recall large to size. Had side zipps. 1 size up from Virgils will be very roomy.
no, it will be too big for you.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
20210506_162007.jpg

Dog Walking Outfit #34:

Gabo Elk Penobscot (2009)
Fluxus 03 Chino (2012)
Indigo Beads Tee Crew S/S (2018)
Sanjuro Coat (Brushed Flannel) (2016)
Excelsior Cap (Chino) (2018)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads