• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say pass. It's a cool piece but I think 1 size up would definitely benefit you, even without the oversized sweater underneath. I think the sleeves could be a touch longer, too, even as a cropped jacket.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
yes or no ? I usually wear 4 in everything, this is size 3 and biggest size left. The sweatshirt I am wearing underneath is oversized, so with a Tshirt underneath only the width is perfect, I amjust concerned about the body length, but it seems the 101xx is a bit cropped...give me your honest comment !

UsyOxsWzcfw3XRlkIdl_4lYW3VpizQvEAuH30p1zY5lPvqUa7e5-lprpP5ZADvk5L2n7vnG7sia1SxvUE2qhX2ZYG_j_GCeAJ3O0X88kJAdoD-pXIj_Bebc_xJRx437hzpGy071yQ2hotakixUaQf27NjHJzuvxDELWrxB2adDa-5bzaU-8ct7q07LxqGXhH-81Y3hAahFdAgFjnxH1ySL2jX0UdtGZDsnrlg_k9seHzbdb9Eii8swPndOSkNNYMIILBM5tzLdA-XQCQRbJjUMH540m5QE3AgHr9cGmLk6D24RP7EshXa373k3QVBT2Nra-GWYz2E-fLCVQnESK4koRK5xAeGES2cwYSBfTed4johQYmGkdj9c-LqAEjoAr947SnB6blC7B80py7siNw5Qjjj_oPzsWsSCSk2tkBdVZhSsRvASwu8dSVaZ1IQA7qbg5TsE2k8HwZLf15d_vx3f-vHSdXGP9TfL2ov87R_IKORC0vVAs3NDYtWM-i_LEJglzOSN0BE4zT-Iqnvw8T8DBs74g14hCIJHvFMYGboL_SFNGaRmdqRYaCSCJLTrNN2jPjoTgmHFkfOrAUOt1jcOiCqAyWC5zXAGVkknFxzwhJWc8vN20e1B7MfzvZPLGBiVrRxHSug1K8tMdq4prWAvADxJTG-n1dWz3hTZYteJoVwq7u8aOOj0PKC5DQCAzfWw6iiYBEg56sQOAUfhUAvRO9=w1031-h1271-no
I think it looks good. 101xx is cut similar to the "shorty" jacket from a few seasons ago. it's meant to be short, it you went up 1 the sleeves would be too long and the whole thing would be too wide, the drop shoulder is already on point for your upper body. it's already a "jumbo" cut, the fact you can even layer comfortably is a nice feature. Even standard size denim jackets hit at the hip.

Last edited:

pastrystar23

Reaction score
I am looking at a Visvim Kerchief down jacket from the 14SS collection. Looks a bit like your below, Fycus. I am usually size 1 in Vis, but sometimes size 2. Any thoughts on whether I can take a chance on a size 1? I am around 5'7', 140 pounds. Any guidance much appreciated, as always.
i'd say go with a 2. I'm a size 1 and I'm 5'1" 119lbs. if it's been dry cleaned, assume a good amount of shrinkage as well.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Did this release come with or without an ICT label?

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Did this release come with or without an ICT label?

That's just a normal amplus sweat, what makes you think it should come with an ICT label?

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's just a normal amplus sweat, what makes you think it should come with an ICT label?
I got confused with a SS20 picture of the same. Realised after I posted. Not sure why the guy has them for 30k yen each. Shame I can;t see the tag as I would be tempted at that price. Not sure if I would get on with the huge elbow holes though!

Samir

Reaction score
Are these any compilations of Albacore patch designs used over the years? I've looked in prior lookbooks and old sales thread but occasionally find some on the second hand market that I can't match to any official images.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a size 5 amplus hoodie before. Would it be like a tent?

frunk

Reaction score
Its gigantic. I was always a size 5 in pre-2020 visvim, but now I find myself swimming in a 4

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its gigantic. I was always a size 5 in pre-2020 visvim, but now I find myself swimming in a 4
The one I am looking at is ss2020. ? is that width or all. Over?

qcqc

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Last year I made an online purchase of a few Visvim items from the store “The Hip Store” from England. One of the items was the Visvim Roland sneakers in grey. I ordered them in size 10 US.

I quickly checked the sneakers and they seemed perfect. With the current situation I ended up not wearing them. This week I put them on and found out, to my surprise, that they were odd sizes. Left foot is size 10 US and right foot is size 9 US.

I asked the store if they could swap for the right size or reimburse me but they told me that they couldn’t do anything about it, which was disappointing.

I wrote twice to Visvim (through the "Contact Us" option in their website) and got no answer.

I wrote back to the store asking for their help in putting me in contact with them but the store told me they couldn't do anything about it.

Do any of you know if there's a different way for me to handle this matter? Would be a shame to hold on to odd shaped sneakers.

Thanks

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is poor, but not surprising. The owner of The Hip Store is JD Sports, which is a huge British multi-national retailer. Frasers group is similar, who own Flannels and have sent the wrong size Vis to people before. Normally reading the box size as a UK size, rather than US and stocking it as such on their website, which is a UK site.

JD and Frasers have been acquiring a lot of businesses and growing a lot, but their warehouses a while back were appauling and so the fulfilment was all over the place.

The company I work for used to have JD as a client. One woman ordered a tent and got 12 pairs of Yeezy's instead. :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads