• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RaiseThePrice

Reaction score
Hey Visvim gang. In a package I received from a proxy a while ago I seem to have accidently also received some Vis tags with a spare button. I have no use for them, but If anyone of you guys want these things pm me and I'll be glad to send them to you at the price of shipping.

View attachment 1599019 View attachment 1599020

its the spare button from the bollard crew neck.

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score

Sanjuro Kimono Jacket
JV Crewneck
Jumbo Tee
Hakama Chinos
Skagway High Patten
Viator Chief Sunglasses
Goros Necklace

D72739B5-CF48-423F-82C3-3379304A8790.jpeg

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone talk me through the differences in Vis' sweats and hoodies.

I have only ever considered Jumbo and Amplus, but there are obviously more, e.g. JV, Numbering releases etc.

If someone could list the different ones and any differences in either fit or quality, that would be really appreciated. I appreciated the uneven and veggie dye pieces are more, but am struggling to see what the difference is to attract a minimum 10k price difference. Weighing up the option of getting some more Vis hoodies or a couple of Cottle pieces. I have an Akane on order atm, but am looking at the Sumi Kuro, Hinoki and Coffee releases from them.

Thanks guys. :)

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cottle hoodies seem cool, but the logo on the sleeve kills it for me. It's probably removable though. Numbering and stamp are just indicative that they have numbering or stamps on them. I think they can either be Amplus or Jumbo fits.

Not sure how the JV style is different though.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cottle hoodies seem cool, but the logo on the sleeve kills it for me. It's probably removable though. Numbering and stamp are just indicative that they have numbering or stamps on them. I think they can either be Amplus or Jumbo fits.

Not sure how the JV style is different though.
I do agree on the logo. I can like with it as it is the same colour, rather than white.

I don't think they are at the stage branding wise that they can just have the outline of the stitching on the collar and you know what it is, like Vis does.

I think they are more production and quality focused than branding and styling. Hopefully will improve over time.

On the subject, can I get a LC on this? Looks alright to me, but concious there are no tags etc.

Last edited:

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
Can someone talk me through the differences in Vis' sweats and hoodies.

I have only ever considered Jumbo and Amplus, but there are obviously more, e.g. JV, Numbering releases etc.

If someone could list the different ones and any differences in either fit or quality, that would be really appreciated. I appreciated the uneven and veggie dye pieces are more, but am struggling to see what the difference is to attract a minimum 10k price difference. Weighing up the option of getting some more Vis hoodies or a couple of Cottle pieces. I have an Akane on order atm, but am looking at the Sumi Kuro, Hinoki and Coffee releases from them.

Thanks guys. :)
The JV is slimmer and narrower around the chest. I went TTS.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
I do agree on the logo. I can like with it as it is the same colour, rather than white.

I don't think they are at the stage branding wise that they can just have the outline of the stitching on the collar and you know what it is, like Vis does.

I think they are more production and quality focused than branding and styling. Hopefully will improve over time.

On the subject, can I get a LC on this? Looks alright to me, but concious there are no tags etc.

that hoodie seems legit.

amplus is wider, shorter and more squared off than jumbo, not all jumbo's are the same thickness, usually the specialty dye ones are thicker gauge than first iteration of the jumbo's labeled "vintage", in terms of numbering and stamped versions, they usually are done on jumbo blanks. JV hoodies are much more fitted, they have a side welt that makes them fit a bit tighter, they are more for layering. "vintage" hoodies usually mean the rayon blend that is the thickest gauge. last time they offered it was in 2017. Right now the top of the line would be the amplus in a specialty dye, but they're also the most expensive.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any insight on the jumbo weller sizing? Normally the tees run pretty small on me, but unclear if I'd size up to a 5 or stick with a 4 since its "jumbo" fit. Seems like it would be more true.

simcol

Reaction score
I am looking at a Visvim Kerchief down jacket from the 14SS collection. Looks a bit like your below, Fycus. I am usually size 1 in Vis, but sometimes size 2. Any thoughts on whether I can take a chance on a size 1? I am around 5'7', 140 pounds. Any guidance much appreciated, as always.

I own a kerchief non bandana down jacket. It fits true to size in length but is extremely slim in the arms. Its supposed to be worn as a regular shirt ie just over a tee but if you wanna wear it as a jacket size up.

Down feathers have not leaked from my jacket yet, it has one of the thinnest layers of down baffling of any down outer I've ever worn, don't expect this to be a heavy outerwear piece. Hiroki often layers the kerchief with many other pieces, but he also has stick arms.

The bandana print is not too garish in person. They dye the bandanas in mud dye before sewing the jacket. However, it is extremely fragile because it's composed of all vintage bandanas from the 50s and 60s. It's a tough pill to swallow, but if you own kerchief bandana you have to assume regular wear will cause at least one of the panels to give out in less than a year. visvims recommendation is to patch the jacket yourself with vintage bandana scraps. Even my lhamo came with parts of the fabric mended when it arrived, just the nature of true vintage.

As I mentioned, I own a bandana lhamo and live in sf and maybe get a couple weird looks but the gang stuff is so old it doesn't really apply any longer. Just don't wear in watts.

Kerchief down jacket size 3. I'm around 6'1" 170

Natural dye moleskin coverall w/ bandana lhamo

Emixam

Reaction score
yes or no ? I usually wear 4 in everything, this is size 3 and biggest size left. The sweatshirt I am wearing underneath is oversized, so with a Tshirt underneath only the width is perfect, I amjust concerned about the body length, but it seems the 101xx is a bit cropped...give me your honest comment !

Attachments

• DSC_0141.JPG
    DSC_0141.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads