• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes - agree.
As for Visvim.tv, you can't operate online at that price level and not feature exchanges/returns from a service proposition imo. If you rely on stated measurements you'll be disappointed. That's where this forum's fit insights are very helpful.

It's pretty common practice for Japanese stores to not offer returns/exchanges/refunds. This extends to their online arms. I think the LA store also does not offer returns/exchanges/refunds.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there examples of multi-brand stores, that don't have a significant house label, that do well these days? How are stores like Union doing?

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there examples of multi-brand stores, that don't have a significant house label, that do well these days? How are stores like Union doing?
Does END have its own brand? I know it does collabs but has just had over £700m invested.

Selfridges for one in the UK. Some UK sites are doing alright but have to carve a real niche. The trouble also is that as soon as people get wind of the on trend brands they price them out. And Wander is a good example. Alpha Shadows had a great selection at least two seasons before everyone else and then end, Mr P, matches etc got in on the act and that was that.

m.ello

Reaction score
I sized .5 down

.5 down on the G.Pattens? I had been wanting to get the black pair from fw but I have heard to go half down, true size, and half up ?

frunk

Reaction score
It's pretty common practice for Japanese stores to not offer returns/exchanges/refunds. This extends to their online arms. I think the LA store also does not offer returns/exchanges/refunds.
Japanese retail is on another level in terms of customer experience. Visvim Exposition in LA is more akin to shopping on rodeo drive (or other luxury stores) than typical Japanese retail. If you’re one of their main clients, they’ll be buddy buddy with you. otherwise they maintain this elitist, gatekeeper attitude that makes it difficult for people that are genuinely interested in the brand, the store, or anything in between, to enjoy the experience of shopping and getting to know the brand. It’s why I personally don’t buy anything from them anymore and basically just through other authorized retailers.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Japanese retail is on another level in terms of customer experience. Visvim Exposition in LA is more akin to shopping on rodeo drive (or other luxury stores) than typical Japanese retail. If you’re one of their main clients, they’ll be buddy buddy with you. otherwise they maintain this elitist, gatekeeper attitude that makes it difficult for people that are genuinely interested in the brand, the store, or anything in between, to enjoy the experience of shopping and getting to know the brand. It’s why I personally don’t buy anything from them anymore and basically just through other authorized retailers.
True of most places in retail. That's why I buy only online. Partially choice and geographical limitations, but mainly because I like to spend time researching and looking before I buy and stores have no time for that.

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
I’m sorry you had a bad experience. I can tell you that is not their philisopy and they have a passion for their product whether you are a person who just walked in or an established client. They will take the time to talk through every detail whether you purchase something or not.

smokeyjoe

Reaction score
There’s two staff members at the LA store who have helped me out since I’ve started rolling up (don’t want to dox/haven’t met others). Both were very helpful and super cool. Took my wife to our first trunk show and had a great time. If I felt any funky energy in that store I wouldn’t have taken her.

I’ve been to tons of brick and mortars here in LA county where it’s mad stuffy and people hold an air of superiority over you, but I didn’t get vibed out at the Visvim LA store in the slightest. They chopped it up with my stoned azz from day 1 and put me on game to materials and methods the company uses on pieces I dig.

Which reminds me, I definitely fucked up and missed out on the ICT bandana cap in black...and now there’s a dude flipping one for 900 on Grailed. Get the **** outta here!

Last edited:

Epsund

Reaction score
I realize this has been covered dozens of time in this very thread, but beyond contacting Vis, how might I go about getting replacement soles for my Grizzlys? Not a wealth of info out there. Any recommendations re: US cobblers or Vibram vendors that carry 9108s?

rms

Reaction score
There’s two staff members at the LA store who have helped me out since I’ve started rolling up (don’t want to dox/haven’t met others). Both were very helpful and super cool. Took my wife to our first trunk show and had a great time. If I felt any funky energy in that store I wouldn’t have taken her.

I’ve been to tons of brick and mortars here in LA county where it’s mad stuffy and people hold an air of superiority over you, but I didn’t get vibed out at the Visvim LA store in the slightest. They chopped it up with my stoned azz from day 1 and put me on game to materials and methods the company uses on pieces I dig.

Which reminds me, I definitely fucked up and missed out on the ICT bandana cap in black...and now there’s a dude flipping one for 900 on Grailed. Get the **** outta here!
As with the recent black Kerchief, bit of a chase and appears to have been very limited

Emixam

Reaction score
I realize this has been covered dozens of time in this very thread, but beyond contacting Vis, how might I go about getting replacement soles for my Grizzlys? Not a wealth of info out there. Any recommendations re: US cobblers or Vibram vendors that carry 9108s?

[/QUOTE]

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experiences in the LA store have always been great from my first day in the store, from both the Japanese and American staff. I actually think the staff in the American store are a lot more friendly than either FIL or Gyre in Tokyo. They're a lot more serious in the Tokyo stores than they are in LA.

Hell someone from the LA store personally brought me a preorder item to Japan when I had moved.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads