• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gian2

Reaction score
Whoa, what happened to those Grizzlies. I can't imagine that they were actually release with that intent.
I’m wondering too.. saw the reseller posted two pairs and both has mold

i don’t think its intentional, maybe during storage?

pastrystar23

Reaction score
I know it’s kind of nitpicking, but does anyone else notice a difference between multiple vis items dyed dark indigo? Sometimes the pieces almost read as black, and others just a deep indigo. Would you say with all the variations in the dyes coloration it stays within the blue family?
that is the beauty of natural indigo dying by hand. It's almost impossible to get consistent results. But yes, it's blue, sometimes it can appear black, but it's very dark navy.

Mark@

Reaction score
I had my appointment for AW21 today and the collection looks remarkable. It seems more minimal and focused with some great new outerwear and FIL exclusives.

I usually only order FIL exclusives at trunk shows since these pieces may not show up in the US or online and ended up pre-ordering the amazing Tweed Hammons Coat which looks like a traditional long coat with narrow lapels but with the cut and dropped shoulders of a kimono. Other favorites were:

• T.W.O. boots in Cow leather that isn’t pre-distressed like the past couple of seasons. The leather is supple and should age and break in nicely. The Poundmaker Boots also look nice for this reason ready to be worn and beaten up.
  • The Lumber flannels look great this season.
  • The return of the SAR (Search and Rescue) jacket.
  • A fantastic dark green leather Corda sneaker.
  • A beautiful light blue bandana tunic.
  • A SS16 Denim with wash and distressing replicating Hiroki’s personal 01 pair. The 16 has a higher rise than the 01 so I’ll wait and see if it shows up in the other fits like an 01 p3 or 10.
  • Fantastic hand knit sweaters including a cropped Cowichan cardigan.
  • Hakama pinstriped pants in exquisite Santome fabric.

It looks to be a great collection and always looking forward to the ICT drops through the season. I took a few photos of the room but am respecting VISVIM’s request of what I can share. Enjoy!

View attachment 1551318
View attachment 1551319
View attachment 1551320
View attachment 1551322

Hello, may I know the cutting of hammons coat ? TTS or need down size ?
Does it run similar as Galen jacket ?
Thanks

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
Thanks
I am getting a size 3. This is a size 4 and I’m 6 foot and 175 lbs.

001CB872-F3E5-4640-8E32-C85ACDD44921.jpeg

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks

The sizing is pretty similar to Galen but I think it might be a little bit longer. I have the size 2 in a Galen and ordered the size 2 in the Hammond.

Mark@

Reaction score
The sizing is pretty similar to Galen but I think it might be a little bit longer. I have the size 2 in a Galen and ordered the size 2 in the Hammond.
Thanks for helping and just wondering need down size or not , because it seems hammons look wide.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if you try to size down to get a normal jacket fit, it's going to look a little weird as the chest might look like normal fit but your arms are still going to swim in the sleeves. Embrace the drapey over-sizeness.

But if you have a galen, I'd get the same size. All that being said, if you're not pre-ordering just wait till the measurements come out during the release and go from there.

Mark@

Reaction score
I think if you try to size down to get a normal jacket fit, it's going to look a little weird as the chest might look like normal fit but your arms are still going to swim in the sleeves. Embrace the drapey over-sizeness.

But if you have a galen, I'd get the same size. All that being said, if you're not pre-ordering just wait till the measurements come out during the release and go from there.
Well noted and really appreciate your help?‍♂️?‍♂️

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the sizing generally on this release of the Sanjuro? Got the SS18 in a 4, but not sure if a 3 would be too small because of the down filling?

i-img1200x1200-1614501369m8tu86300633.jpg

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I was worried about. Damn. The 4 I had my eye on with Mercari has just sold, but there was more risk buying than the 3 from Yahoo Auctions. Got a few days to have a look and weigh up options. I will measure my Sanjuro and compare.

On a seperate note, anyone got the Cowboy Straw Hat from SS16. This one? Keen to some looks of it. Also - Red or Blue? Blue image only seems to be working!

VinStrawCowboyHatBlueL.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads