• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rms

Reaction score
yeah, the footwear certainly was still in its infancy. but even back then compared to what was being made, they stood out for their quality and design. I find the clothing to be just as well made then as it is now; of course, everything has gotten better over the seasons, but the thing I like is how silhouettes are maintained but just updated with better materials and build and small details. G reservation was north america exclusive and some of the items from that period ('05-'09) are highly sought after, especially the camo nomad/townsend and backpacks. (the few stores that had Vis accounts back then seldom carried the clothes and when they did, they sold out right away.)
Hey @pastrystar23, I've got a tiger/jungle Nomad and a duck? Townsend - so those are G-Line pieces ? Would you know the exact Seasons ? Neck label reads "VSVM." Internal taping held up great over the years.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Hey @pastrystar23, I've got a tiger/jungle Nomad and a duck? Townsend - so those are G-Line pieces ? Would you know the exact Seasons ? Neck label reads "VSVM." Internal taping held up great over the years.

Yes, that's G line. Their labels read "VSVM" and the G. Nomad Jacket in tiger camo with multi color taping came out in F/W 07/08, same with townsend. If they're in good condition you can get a good price for them, they're quite sought after.

rms

Reaction score
Yes, that's G line. Their labels read "VSVM" and the G. Nomad Jacket in tiger camo with multi color taping came out in F/W 07/08, same with townsend. If they're in good condition you can get a good price for them, they're quite sought after.
Thanks, yes both have multi color taping. That's older than I thought - they're both barely worn, holding on.

rms

Reaction score
FOTD: Nabi Moc Hi-Folk (custom✂) / SS DRY3 / Crew Tee S/S Crash / Sanjuro Down Jkt.
90B17A33-66EC-4390-896F-2FE881CA695F.jpeg

gian2

Reaction score
did anyone pick up the current version of the gifford? They always looked wide at the base of leg.

I have the green one, they are wider at the bottom but not too much. The fit is a bit similiar to carpenter pants. Nice damaged effect on the gifford!

m.ello

Reaction score
Saw some of the stock images for the hammons jacket. I like it but part of me doesn't want to settle for anything less than a vtg tweed galen ?

Reactions: rms

rms

Reaction score
Really like this. Sanjuro looks great there and that's the first time I've seen those nabis look right! ?
Thanks Mate, them Nabis are tricky. Decided to scalp the beads off, didn't look right, and need a narrow cuff imo. They're great to wear; super light, very soft suede and that sole walks smooth af. Sleeper.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone ever fancied one, this is going for a snip at just under £17,000.

rms

Reaction score

Speaking of and according to JM re. this one:
"Everyone scratches their head about my wearing a robe until they try mine on. Then they understand completely. It's a jacket, but it's more laid-back. It's a tent you can hang out inside of as you go about your day. It's a security blanket of sorts. I still haven't explained it perfectly, because I can't. You just have to try one on that fits you right. Then you want it to take through your day like a companion."

simcol

Reaction score
Speaking of and according to JM re. this one:
"Everyone scratches their head about my wearing a robe until they try mine on. Then they understand completely. It's a jacket, but it's more laid-back. It's a tent you can hang out inside of as you go about your day. It's a security blanket of sorts. I still haven't explained it perfectly, because I can't. You just have to try one on that fits you right. Then you want it to take through your day like a companion."
Yeah, well, one thing is for sure, if it's a mere snip at GBP17,000, if I had one I surely would not be leaving it lying around and so, yeah, it's going to be a pretty close companion!

Reactions: rms

botzzz

Reaction score

I've always lusted after this coat but $23k USD is a tough number

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most the **** on that site is way overpriced, curious if theyd take offers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics