• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zabo358

Reaction score
Thanks that’s what I ended up going with. Sales rep a vis store recommended a 2 but I think the 1 will work out fine.

Last edited:

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
Agreed.

You get your Thorson II yet? Curious how it looks on in a 3 or 4.

i didn’t order the Thorson II but this is a size 3 which would be the one I would take.

BC2600B5-4F91-485C-B33E-EC83780231AD.jpeg

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my normal size in the the Thorson II. I tried sizing down since I need to on most new Visvim stuff, but it looked way better in the intended size.

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
fit is so good on the II, wish they did that from day 1, just superb.

I’m normally a 4 in VISVIM outerwear from older seasons but went with a 3 in Thorson I because the arms were too long in the 4. I agree that Thorson II is better fit wise especially for layering because it’s a little bit longer and offers more room around the chest and shoulders.

Samer

Reaction score
I’m normally a 4 in VISVIM outerwear from older seasons but went with a 3 in Thorson I because the arms were too long in the 4. I agree that Thorson II is better fit wise especially for layering because it’s a little bit longer and offers more room around the chest and shoulders.
Here’s the size 2 in black at KITH. Definitely too small but they didn’t have the 3 or the 4. Thinking 4 would might be better, but I already have the coach jacket in ivory...kinda serves the same purpose.
36FF03B3-C57E-4042-ABF0-098FAF8E8717.jpeg
7D36C697-A5B5-499D-BA71-DC874293FCDF.jpeg

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think so, problem is the og was cut in the similar aesthetic as all old vis patterns, ie skeleton shoulders and long ass set-in sleeves which to me is a super unflattering cut. An extreme example is the barnstorm jacket:
1614039738825.png

By increasing the volume around the shoulder area and having it dropped, the fit can accommodate different body styles without requiring sizing up, which many of us are familiar with on old vis, but tends to make the arms long as hell and look kinda stupid, so you can follow the general guidelines of the oversized stuff: if you want a more true fit, go true to (US/EU) sizing, or if you want an exaggerated fit go up one.

Here’s the size 2 in black at KITH. Definitely too small but they didn’t have the 3 or the 4. Thinking 4 would might be better, but I already have the coach jacket in ivory...kinda serves the same purpose.

Honestly you'd probably be fine in a 3. What is your height and weight if you dont mind me asking? Ive noticed that the sleeves tend to be pretty long on their updated cuts, IE 4 is close to 92cm for non-ribbed garments and closer to 95cm with ribbed garments

rms

Reaction score
I think so, problem is the og was cut in the similar aesthetic as all old vis patterns, ie skeleton shoulders and long ass set-in sleeves which to me is a super unflattering cut. An extreme example is the barnstorm jacket:
View attachment 1560608

By increasing the volume around the shoulder area and having it dropped, the fit can accommodate different body styles without requiring sizing up, which many of us are familiar with on old vis, but tends to make the arms long as hell and look kinda stupid, so you can follow the general guidelines of the oversized stuff: if you want a more true fit, go true to (US/EU) sizing, or if you want an exaggerated fit go up one.

Honestly you'd probably be fine in a 3. What is your height and weight if you dont mind me asking? Ive noticed that the sleeves tend to be pretty long on their updated cuts, IE 4 is close to 92cm for non-ribbed garments and closer to 95cm with ribbed garments
Yes, and those ballooning sleeves on the first Thorson. Fantastic, oily, dye though, never seen that again.
That Barnstorm..., should have been a winner with those smooth leather sleeves but they were cut mid-shoulder as you pointed out.

Samer

Reaction score
5'9 185 with broad shoulders, which is the main reason 3s don't typically work for me. I have the OG Thorson in a 3 and the Barnstorm check in a 4. They are now two of my wife's favorite jackets...:confused:.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even with broad shoulders I think the 3 would fit you perfect- I'm 6'1 190 and was eyeing the 3. All boils down to preference, like I said it's great that they are much more forgiving now

Alright @Contrary Warrior spill the deets on the strabler vest IT, absolute grail for me

Last edited:

Crandnew

Reaction score
Do the fbt trapper highs run the same size wise as the normal fbts? Seems to be a pretty rare shoe and not much information out there. Also how high would you say the shaft is?

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Do the fbt trapper highs run the same size wise as the normal fbts? Seems to be a pretty rare shoe and not much information out there. Also how high would you say the shaft is?
yes, they used the same outsole as contemporary FBT's. They're about knee high or covers the calf depending on how tall you are.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads