• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
yeah, i just checked the composition. Its 70% giza cotton and 30% nylon blend.

anybody actually purchased these for $1000 Retail?
crazy rich asians.

honestly, I've never paid retail for Visvim.

Hydeous

Reaction score
crazy rich asians.

honestly, I've never paid retail for Visvim.

the only time i paid retail was when i went to tokyo, and when i caught the fbt bug back in the early 2010s

that being said, current retail prices are nuts though.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
since HK and singapore closed, there aren't any FIL stores outside Japan and USA.

Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick legit check please on these? They look OK?

Attachments

• ED417970-E030-43BB-BE8E-B5B392C475E5.jpeg
    ED417970-E030-43BB-BE8E-B5B392C475E5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 1088CD6F-1AA9-4CC6-A723-D1BE00468FAA.jpeg
    1088CD6F-1AA9-4CC6-A723-D1BE00468FAA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • BF6C04E6-53E0-4DAB-A849-6E8A06CD0ED3.jpeg
    BF6C04E6-53E0-4DAB-A849-6E8A06CD0ED3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • 89A8A802-E091-442E-BF48-210EBD480090.jpeg
    89A8A802-E091-442E-BF48-210EBD480090.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interrupting the legit check posts for a minute...

I had not purchased any Visvim clothing in several years until very recently when I purchased the JV Jumbo Hoodie and the Llamo Shirt Mil in Olive.

I am not that knowledgeable about sweatshirts or different construction methods or what constitutes a premium product. Just so I understand what I bought (and to justify the hefty price tag) what makes the Visvim Jumbo Hoody a premium product over other popular sweatshirts on SF. In that universe, I include sweatshirts from Buzz Rickson, Real McCoys, 3sixteen, Reigning Champ, John Elliott, UniformLA, et al.

On the Visvim hoodie, there is a tag indicating Sea Island Cotton from the USA was used so perhaps that adds to the cost (and it does feel extremely soft). But anything about the construction that can account for the price?

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the Visvim hoodie, there is a tag indicating Sea Island Cotton from the USA was used so perhaps that adds to the cost (and it does feel extremely soft). But anything about the construction that can account for the price?

No. For any fashion brand the basics help subsidize the rest of the brand. Personally I like the fit of Jumbo sweatshirts/hoodies, and the fact they sometime come in interesting dyes (uneven, vegetable, mud) makes me okay with them. If anything, the construction might not even be in the same category compared to RC.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Interrupting the legit check posts for a minute...

I had not purchased any Visvim clothing in several years until very recently when I purchased the JV Jumbo Hoodie and the Llamo Shirt Mil in Olive.

I am not that knowledgeable about sweatshirts or different construction methods or what constitutes a premium product. Just so I understand what I bought (and to justify the hefty price tag) what makes the Visvim Jumbo Hoody a premium product over other popular sweatshirts on SF. In that universe, I include sweatshirts from Buzz Rickson, Real McCoys, 3sixteen, Reigning Champ, John Elliott, UniformLA, et al.

The Jumbo hoodie you have uses Luxsic cotton which is Sea Island cotton grown in New Mexico. Sea Island cotton is regarded as the highest grade of cotton in the world and it's production is tightly regulated and highly limited. Visvim gets all of their fabrics custom made, they do not buy bulk fabrics. If the hoodies are naturally dyed then that in itself will justify the much higher price tag. As far as I know none of those other brands you mentioned use Luxsic cotton or champion natural dying as much as visvim. then of course there's the made in Japan factor which adds to the price in terms of craftsmanship, expensive labor and production practices and customs and duty fees.

Visivm is about "deep quality" like most things Japanese, the value is buried within the garment/item. from every stage from the seed to weave of the finished fabric, every step is considered. It's like if Jiro made clothes instead of sushi. I've had his sushi and just like clothes, it can look like everything else you've had but once you taste it, you can sense the thought and work that went behind it.

also, keep in mind visvim retail prices outside japan are almost double. the tax and duties are ridiculous.

Last edited:

pastrystar23

Reaction score
No. For any fashion brand the basics help subsidize the rest of the brand. Personally I like the fit of Jumbo sweatshirts/hoodies, and the fact they sometime come in interesting dyes (uneven, vegetable, mud) makes me okay with them. If anything, the construction might not even be in the same category compared to RC.
maybe not the jumbo hoodies but the vintage hoodies with the thick cotton/rayon blend are as thick and heavy as any RC sweat I've come across.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
I noticed that the first time I went to gyre
I noticed that when I first went to Harajuku 20 years ago. same with every supreme drop in the USA.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which do we prefer? First is AW20, rest are SS21.

0120205010011_RED_01.jpg

Looking at the Lt. Green and Orange here.

800x.webp

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads