• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a video reviewing a lookbook, how is that pushing the stuff I'm selling? There's very little content about visvim on youtube, so I thought a community like this would enjoy. If I'm breaking the rules, I'll stop just lmk!

Oh my bad, I thought you were making a video of stuff you're selling. Nevermind what I've said then. ?

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
Fit ✅
Section Gang Jacket
ICT Free Edge Katazuri Shirt
HW Chinos
ICT Lafayette Boots
Viator Big Chief Sunglasses

3DA3344D-24DD-4BD0-A6A7-764B1F61CD1E.jpeg

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Contrary Warrior
Did you get that Chamdo parka yet? I’ve seen some good fits with that and some where it looks difficult to pull off.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Man this thread hit a fun stretch.

@pastrystar23 you should go down the Loro Piana rabbit hole.

You think it's cool to charge $1500 for jeans with weird mud on them?

Try bringing back an entire species of endangered animal from extinction and then charging $34,000 for a coat made out of that animal's fur.

(The coat been waterproofed through an esoteric process performed by elderly Italians on the Mediterranean coast.)

Come on bro, does Hiroki even run endangered animal preserves in the Andes mountains?

oh, I'm VERY familiar with Vicuna. I got a Loro Piana Vicuna sweater custom made for me 10 years ago. I placed the order at the loro piana boutique on Madison Avenue NYC. Eddie Turco took very good care of me.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
the fact that their raw denim are charged 38k jpy in 2020, when the exact same ones cost 25kj py 5 years ago should make you seriously reconsider your argumentation. And no, there hasn't been labor cost inflation in Japan for the past 10 years, you should know it well since you lived here. In China yes, but for the past 5 years much less than before (I see you coming, so here is for you : I lived in China for 12 years and work in garment production). But that doesn't explain why the Virgil where priced 60k yens 5 years ago now cost 95k.

your are delusional if you think Vis is not surfing on a wave where they absically can sell almost anything isnstantly whatever the price tag is. It seems Hiroki is just trying to figur eout what the limit is and Covid19 might be the turning point, I don't see people spending so much moneys from now on, especially Chinese.

there's currently a labor shortage in Japan thats been going on for a decade now. that's been driving up labor cost all over the place to the point they now have to start bringing in migrant vietnamese to work at a 7-11. There is no place in the world where labor cost are going down. Labor cost are also going up in china as their middle class gets bigger and richer. Chinese economy is the ONLY one that is forecasted for growth in 2021. I don't want to get conspiratorial, but if bringing down all the other world economies while preserving your own by introducing a new virus was the plan, then they were successful.

your missing the big point that Visvim prices in Japan are about HALF what they are on the US visvim website and that is all due to customs and duties on things "made in Japan" that are exported to the USA. You are also not taking into account material and production cost. Visvim may make what looks like the same thing every season but in terms of their denim and fabric quality they actually are in a constant state of improvement. its the same with the boots. you make think the virgils from 5 years ago are the same but they're not. the leather and finishing are constantly being improved.

Last edited:

m.ello

Reaction score
love that particular lhasa parka

Reactions: Owl

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Has anyone handled the Isle knit sweaters? Are they nice? How heavy are they?

there are 3 versions of the Isle Knit. One that is all wool, one that is a wool/cashmere blend and the "prime" version which is a wool version with an applique on the back. I'd say they're about mid weight. They're mold knitted so they are less likely to loose their shape.

it's visvim, so of course it's "nice" :)

if you are looking for some ,let me know your size.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with how the pastoral high waters fit? I am thinking of grabbing a size 1 as a 30 waist. Wear 32 in the 04. 30 in the 01.

I think you should be okay with a size 1

pastrystar23

Reaction score
I got a small stain on a mud dyed jumbo hoodie. How would you guys go about getting it out? Just do what the tag says?

NO! Never follow the tag, especially for specialty dyed items. Seriously. Go on Amazon or Ebay and get yourself one of these. If you are spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on your clothes, spending another $100 or so on something that will make them last 10x longer is totally worth it. Ultrasonic cleaning does not use abrasion. it uses ultra high frequency sound waves to create cavitation (nano bubbles) that blast away the stain at a molecular level. In most cases you don't even need to use detergent but I do use a little Laundress No.10 when I do my laundry. Use this on something you consider "clean" and you'll realize just how dirty it actually is, and say goodbye to collar and hat ring forever.

This is the same kind of technology specialty dry cleaners in Japan use.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads