• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone provide sizing advice for the Visvim Ute Moc Trainer Mid Folk? I reached out privately to two experienced members here, but got conflicting advice and thought I would also reach out in this thread.

If one is generally an American size 9 (dress shoes, Skagways, New Balance, Converse) and 9.5 in Nike, what would one take in the Ute Moc Trainer Mid Folk?

Also have the same question for the Visvim Virgils in sand.

Many thanks!

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
Fit ✅

RRL Cardigan
Social Sculpture Western Shirt
Eiger Sanction Pants
Grizzly Boots

66FA7D82-5725-4A72-A3BA-D6916627E20E.jpeg

4022719C-BFB2-4A17-8170-CE62245185F4.jpeg

demodogjr

Reaction score
What's the recommended product for treating/preserving Mud Dyed ICT Grizzlies? (Saphir? Obenauf? etc.) I picked up a pair during Black Friday and definitely want to preserve them as best as possible.

I saw that someone recommended Obenauf LP a hundred or so pages ago, but that was for the Mud Dyed Brigs.

Samer

Reaction score
Can anyone provide sizing advice for the Visvim Ute Moc Trainer Mid Folk? I reached out privately to two experienced members here, but got conflicting advice and thought I would also reach out in this thread.

If one is generally an American size 9 (dress shoes, Skagways, New Balance, Converse) and 9.5 in Nike, what would one take in the Ute Moc Trainer Mid Folk?

Also have the same question for the Visvim Virgils in sand.

Many thanks!
The issue with the moc trainers are that the bridge is super low so they end up being tight on the top of the foot but the length is standard sizing. If you have a low arch, go TTS. High arch, I would recommend a half size up. I wear mine TTS and they're tight but I love them so whatever.

Crandnew

Reaction score
Has anyone handled the Isle knit sweaters? Are they nice? How heavy are they?

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sanjuro. To down or not to down?

I like the AW20 piece, but am not sure if the down one is the better buy? Want to use it for more than AW, so could be too warm in summer etc.

Any advice on sizing too would be appreciated.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sanjuro. To down or not to down?

I like the AW20 piece, but am not sure if the down one is the better buy? Want to use it for more than AW, so could be too warm in summer etc.

Any advice on sizing too would be appreciated.

The down is definitely too warm in the summer, although depending on what your summers are like I think the non-down one will be too warm in the summer too. I can't imagine walking around, in what's basically a vest, during a NYC summer.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The down is definitely too warm in the summer, although depending on what your summers are like I think the non-down one will be too warm in the summer too. I can't imagine walking around, in what's basically a vest, during a NYC summer.

UK South Coast so the sunniest part of the country! However its a British summer are talking about! ?

Has anyone got one of this seasons that can advise on sizing?

Im thinking the 3, I have a 3 in the ss iris jacket and a 4 iris vest. Hopefully a 3 would fit over a 5 ss101.

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
UK South Coast so the sunniest part of the country! However its a British summer are talking about! ?

Has anyone got one of this seasons that can advise on sizing?

Im thinking the 3, I have a 3 in the ss iris jacket and a 4 iris vest. Hopefully a 3 would fit over a 5 ss101.

I wear a size 4 in most VISVIM outerwear and wear a 4 in a Sanjuro down.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'1" 180lbs broad shoulders and the 4 in the sanjuro down is pretty tight in the shoulders but not uncomfortable. I think going up to a 5 would be fine but the body would be too wide and it would probably look weird. If you're narrow in the shoulders your normal outer size will be fine. Keep in mind the fall release is poly wadded so I'm sure its warm, maybe not as much as the down, but probably comparable.

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
I'm 6'1" 180lbs broad shoulders and the 4 in the sanjuro down is pretty tight in the shoulders but not uncomfortable. I think going up to a 5 would be fine but the body would be too wide and it would probably look weird. If you're narrow in the shoulders your normal outer size will be fine. Keep in mind the fall release is poly wadded so I'm sure its warm, maybe not as much as the down, but probably comparable.
I’m 6 foot 175, and yes, the shouldered are narrow but can still fit a hoodie underneath.

0B6F5BC7-E079-406C-9EC8-141FD27B7735.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads