• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Very helpful insights. Thanks mate.

The ones I own that fit are the SS18 ones for context.

Attachments

• 13B7D8EC-A503-4E07-ABB0-410BC0758351.jpeg
    13B7D8EC-A503-4E07-ABB0-410BC0758351.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 59

Retlas

Reaction score
Okay love that graphic... I have the ‘12 isetans and the ‘12 antelopes (need the pink ones also).

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone can help find a US12 pair that is a reasonable price/condition, I would appreciate it. Closest is the one @bbhewee has, but in black, for retail from Vis' US site. Have they not been released since 18 then?

simcol

Reaction score
Looking for some advice from the good folks on this forum. I have a pair of Black Virgil boots, my favourite - and the comfiest - of all my Visvim boots/shoes, so thinking of getting another pair of Virgil, but in brown. I have my eyes on a couple of second-hand pairs in decent shape from 2010/11. But one is "cap folk" the other "kngr folk". Any thoughts on which is these are considered "better" or are they much of a muchness and it just a case of styling? In which case I need to think about that and perhaps also compare the condition and the price and go with that. Also, does the "cap" just refer to the fact that it has horizontal stitching across the toe box, or does it signify something more? Thanks!

Emixam

Reaction score
is it the cap toe version with the hexagon eyelets and vibram #100 sole (SS11) ? I love these, but a different vibes from the original Virgil (favourite tongue labl too) :

1603084718201.png

I am not too fond of teh cap toe version on the white custom vibram sole though...

Last edited:

simcol

Reaction score
is it the cap toe version with the hexagon eyelets and vibram #110 sole (SS11) ? I love these, but a different vibes from the original Virgil (favourite tongue labl too) :

View attachment 1479992

I am not too fond of teh cap toe version on the white custom vibram sole though...

No, I am looking at these ones from (I think) 10SS. I like the sole on these, and am not too keen on the Vibram #110 sole. As you say that sole gives the boot a very different feel. Horses for courses and all that ....

Attachments

• virgilcapfolkkgnr2.jpg
    virgilcapfolkkgnr2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 53
  • VIRGILCAPFOLKKGNR.jpg
    VIRGILCAPFOLKKGNR.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 72

Emixam

Reaction score
i prefer the Kgr over these, the leatjer always looked suspicious to me (though they are legit)

simcol

Reaction score
i prefer the Kgr over these, the leatjer always looked suspicious to me (though they are legit)
Yeah, I know what you are saying. All a bit clean and smooth, and not 'treated' in the typical Visvim way. But still ... in my view ... nice.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks more like a shell cordovan Indy Boot than vis to me imo. Still a nice shoe.

Emixam

Reaction score
yeah looks like cordovan, but at a close look the crease looks like it is not but I may be wrong. always wondered actually.

simcol

Reaction score
yeah looks like cordovan, but at a close look the crease looks like it is not but I may be wrong. always wondered actually.
Yes, you are right. It does a bit. But I do think it is a genuine Visvim article (unless someone wants to set me straight on this)! If it helps, the code is supposed to be: V10007220-03, and the description "Virgil Cap-Folk" "Dk. Brown".

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any 7 hole owners able to attest to sizing? I'm reading size down?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads