• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retlas

Reaction score
Yeah... i tend to stick stuff on my wishlist... and leave it there. See what pops up.
The summer sale seem to start with 50% off... then they added stock at 60% and finally they had selmer cardigans going at 70% off

m.ello

Reaction score
Six-five came in today
image0.jpg

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hipstore /Mr Porter... have always been good for Vis when the sales start. I have picked up a lot of things 50-60% off...
(probably now JP retail).

My Mrs grabbed a pair of brown roland joggers for £220... which whilst expensive... seemed like a fffing bargain

Kafka is a good shout as well. I got a SS101 for £505 delivered. Peggs and Son is worth a look too.

Retlas

Reaction score
Check out Tok10 in Rotterdam (they had old stock on sale)...
So did nextdoor.fr

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to share some work Brian the Bootmaker did on my 10/11 Virgil Mocs in Peanut. This is my second pair of boots I've had done with him (other pair was Nonnative side zips), and I'm really impressed. It's a really pricy "resole" (he rewelts it and redoes everything), a little less than $300 with all things included. I had some other work done besides the resole as well.

visvirgilmoc1.jpg

Original

vs2.jpg

vs1.jpg

Resoled. Completely changes the look of the boot, but as I'm sure you know, Christy sole looks awful when worn down. Changes the feel too, these are now much heavier, so that's a caveat if you care, and Christy is definitely more comfortable in general (for all boots IMO). But look at that freaking storm welt!

It's pricy but you basically get a brand new pair of boots, pretty happy with my almost 10 year old boots.

Plus, because I'm a brand whore, and everyone who buys visvim is a brand whore, I had him replace the insole with something more substantial (Feit natural buffalo leather insoles, I find those fit my boots/feet really well), but stitch on the vis branding lol. The vis insoles are kinda ****** because they're super thin and laminated, glued and stitched onto thin cork that wears out eventually.

vs3.jpg

He also did an interesting resole of some FBTs that I think looked nice, where he replaced the TPU with some leather. But I like the TPU so asked him to keep it and work around it.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to share some work Brian the Bootmaker did on my 10/11 Virgil Mocs in Peanut. This is my second pair of boots I've had done with him (other pair was Nonnative side zips), and I'm really impressed. It's a really pricy "resole" (he rewelts it and redoes everything), a little less than $300 with all things included. I had some other work done besides the resole as well.

View attachment 1460992
Original

View attachment 1460993
View attachment 1460994

Resoled. Completely changes the look of the boot, but as I'm sure you know, Christy sole looks awful when worn down. Changes the feel too, these are now much heavier, so that's a caveat if you care, and Christy is definitely more comfortable in general (for all boots IMO). But look at that freaking storm welt!

It's pricy but you basically get a brand new pair of boots, pretty happy with my almost 10 year old boots.

Plus, because I'm a brand whore, and everyone who buys visvim is a brand whore, I had him replace the insole with something more substantial (Feit natural buffalo leather insoles, I find those fit my boots/feet really well), but stitch on the vis branding lol. The vis insoles are kinda ****** because they're super thin and laminated, glued and stitched onto thin cork that wears out eventually.

View attachment 1460995

He also did an interesting resole of some FBTs that I think looked nice, where he replaced the TPU with some leather. But I like the TPU so asked him to keep it and work around it.
They look great.

Really impressed for the price. I expected it to be dearer, from seeing his YouTube videos and the effort taken.

Retlas

Reaction score
Just watched the FBT video.. interesting.. they ended up looking more like my FBT Prime pair... perhaps if the heal part was not tan leather coloured... but still good

Emixam

Reaction score
they look awsome ! I wish they would reiterate the Virgil Moc toe in the original christy moc toe, so underrated.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they look awsome ! I wish they would reiterate the Virgil Moc toe in the original christy moc toe, so underrated.

yeah the original 2011 christy soles were my favorite. The kudu virgils I had also had them.

unfortunately they look SO bad with wear, and it’s hard to get a decent heeled christy style sole, especially one as chunky as the one they had back then. DrSoles2011 gets close, but still...

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Facebook store front for Visvim has a bunch of items that haven't been released yet, probably in preparation for the next week or two's releases:

Check out that 17k Leather Kiyari~

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked these up over the weekend. These are the normal ones are and are lightly distressed. The actual distressed ones are pretty gnarly but a bit over the top for me.
119511743_3416276938449785_7812485331815665584_n.jpg

Retlas

Reaction score
That Facebook page looked so affordable that I needed to know where to start?!?

m.ello

Reaction score
need the grease monkey

Price on the skags are crazy now

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads