• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indigo Camping trailer

Free International Laboratory

Thanks. My friend also needs to know what this signifies? Are these collections from a certain year or what?

Retlas

Reaction score
Free Int Lab is the holding company I think, and the name on all the storefronts, Visvim is the brand under that. ICT is a sub brand where he produces more experimental dyes and processes (so smaller stock run)

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
ICT Skagway Mud Dye. The end of summer footnote.

Attachments

• A1A8D3AA-EE16-4428-A189-5FD36CFE805F.jpeg
    A1A8D3AA-EE16-4428-A189-5FD36CFE805F.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 105
  • 3B9079EA-BFF5-42CB-94C2-59DB88BCB376.jpeg
    3B9079EA-BFF5-42CB-94C2-59DB88BCB376.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 151

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they're like ¥20,000 or so more expensive ($200) than the equivalent standard. It's hard to 1:1 compare as there's variation in the price depending on the hide or sole that is used.

Also it seems like Visvim raises the price on their boots every year by ¥5,000 or so ($50) so it's hard to track historically. I remember when I bought my first pair of brigadiers they were $750 in the US and I just bought my most recent pair in JP for
¥100,000 ($1000).

Last edited:

zabo358

Reaction score
Small correction to the above, but there are three store

I think they're like ¥20,000 or so more expensive ($200) than the equivalent standard. It's hard to 1:1 compare as there's variation in the price depending on the hide or sole that is used.

Also it seems like Visvim raises the price on their boots every year by ¥5,000 or so ($50) so it's hard to track historically. I remember when I bought my first pair of brigadiers they were $750 in the US and I just bought my most recent pair in JP for
¥100,000 ($1000).
Wonder when the tipping point for the price increases will come.

Emixam

Reaction score
Wonder when the tipping point for the price increases will come.

might be very soon, with the economic crash under going worldwide, that could shake up the brand as so many others already

alex99

Reaction score
^ I agree with this. It's not just Visvim but the entire luxury fashion market. If you haven't already, I recommend reading the recent NYT article about theentireworld, which gives a lot of incite into the current state of affairs and the changes afoot in the fashion industry. It's a really good read.

asaa1000

Reaction score
It feels to me that the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer, which makes me suspect that visvim would raise prices rather than the other way around. Definitely hoping for the latter...

m.ello

Reaction score
In any case i'll still only pay JP retail or go on the secondhand market

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bringing JNCO jeans back.

I'm so glad 90s style wide legged pants are coming back. I welcome our JNCO overlords. I have a particularly soft spot in my heart for the UFO parachute pants I used to wear to psychedelic trance parties. Wide as ****.

GunwashAce

Reaction score
What’s the deal with this seasons sanjuro jacket. I just saw an iteration at Pancho and Lefty. Looks like it’s not down filled. Can’t find any other places that cary it or other color ways. Appreciate any more info

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads