• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
I bought of pair of tiogas but they don’t come with suspenders. Anyone recommend any good suspenders brands/alternatives? Didn’t realize tiogas from SS19 didn’t come with suspenders.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LFpD6y1.jpg
zDJMoMy.jpg

EhlHsDf.jpg

5FktzIm.jpg

Shaman-folks came in today. These are so damn cool. Color a little different than I expected, but totally in love with these. Big shot-out to @shopcanoeclub for the help.

Last edited:

Emixam

Reaction score
So I Just got my hands on the 15oz 101 jkt unwashed red selvedge, which I had no idea is unsanforized. The fit was a bit loose, but I liked it so I gave it a cold soak (45mn), and it lost around 3-4% in length and width and it is now truly perfect for my taste. The brand announces it will loose 7% in length/width with a hot soak, so if I wash it with cold water in the future (I dont think I will wash it much anyway), will it stilll reach the 7% shrinkage after repeated cold washes ?? Does cold water only slow down the shrinkage until it reaches the max or does it limits it forever from the 1st soak ??

DSCN9996.jpg
65dd4787cabf321df1472bb5d6ebad01.jpg

Last edited:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I Just got my hands on the 15oz 101 jkt unwashed red selvedge, which I had no idea is unsanforized. The fit was a bit loose, but I liked it so I gave it a cold soak (45mn), and it lost around 3-4% in length and width and it is now truly perfect for my taste. The brand announces it will loose 7% in length/width with a hot soak, so if I wash it with cold water in the future (I dont think I will wash it much anyway), will it stilll reach the 7% shrinkage after repeated cold washes ?? Does cold water only slow down the shrinkage until it reaches the max or does it limits it forever from the 1st soak ??

DSCN9996.jpg
65dd4787cabf321df1472bb5d6ebad01.jpg

Can't speak for this particular item, but with my unsanforized denim, it will shrink a little bit after a cold soak (I usually put them on and do some stretches/lunges to stretch them back out), but then they loosen up with wear. I think generally speaking you're going to get a bit of a shrink after that first soak which won't go away, but use will stretch things back out to almost pre-shrink. Probably works a bit different on a jacket though.

So I imagine if you keep just cold soaking and hang drying, you'll fluctuate between 3-5% shrinkage. That being said it will be differnet in different spots, the elbows will probably stretch out a bit more, but whatever shrinkage you've had on like the front and back of the jacket is probably there to stay, because you're not going to be stretching it out by use that much.

Emixam

Reaction score
yeah first unsanforized experience here, i just hope that witj cold washed or soaks in the future they don't stretch further!

Retlas

Reaction score
@shopcanoeclub - I have just seen your unboxing video for the UTE Moc... what's the sizing like on them? I remember the first iteration being very narrow. Is that still the case?

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
For those who own Eiger Sanctions, Tiogas, or Vererans pants —

do you tailor / hem your pants? I can’t imagine how one can wear any of these styles as-is. These 3 styles are huge in the leg

zabo358

Reaction score
Does anyone have input on Wabanaki Blanket boots sizing? I’m an 8.5 in most Nike and 39 in Common Projects.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who own Eiger Sanctions, Tiogas, or Vererans pants —

do you tailor / hem your pants? I can’t imagine how one can wear any of these styles as-is. These 3 styles are huge in the leg

No, that is the intended fit. They would look dumb if they were tailored. Try Engineered Garments or Orslow if you want slim leg fatigues and the like.

Does anyone have input on Wabanaki Blanket boots sizing? I’m an 8.5 in most Nike and 39 in Common Projects.

Most likely 8

Retlas

Reaction score
Fun lookbook... Some of the new ICT pieces are interesting, so will wait to see just how expensive it all is... the crash jumbo sweat... is probably $1k+ and the ND kerchief... 3k

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked these up from @shopcanoeclub for my anniversary tomorrow:
1593627909852.jpeg

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just picked these up from @shopcanoeclub for my anniversary tomorrow:
View attachment 1416336
Just overnighted them to you, fam!!!!!1!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads