• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whatsthis

Reaction score
@whatsthis I'm 9.5/10 and I wore the M for a shoot. Was snug without adjusting. I'd probably say you're cool in the S

Cool thanks, the issue now is that I don't think there are any S available anywhere lol. If anybody knows a spot that has S in stock (flexible on color), let me know!

moreismore

Reaction score
I don't think they have size S released for those. The smallest that they have made is size M according to their website.

zabo358

Reaction score
Does Visvim ever respond to emails? I’ve sent a few in the past and never received a response. Today I ordered a pair of Christos and two minutes later received a cancellation email but haven’t gotten a refund or any correspondence about it. Reached out but I haven’t heard back.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Visvim ever respond to emails? I’ve sent a few in the past and never received a response. Today I ordered a pair of Christos and two minutes later received a cancellation email but haven’t gotten a refund or any correspondence about it. Reached out but I haven’t heard back.
Hiroki is busy soaking your cash in mid to make a special paper noragi for John Mayer.
Seriously though, they are a bit slow to respond in my experience. Give it at least a day or so.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, it’s only about 11:50 am in Tokyo right now so if it was earlier today they might not have gotten to it yet.

zabo358

Reaction score
Hiroki is busy soaking your cash in mid to make a special paper noragi for John Mayer.
Seriously though, they are a bit slow to respond in my experience. Give it at least a day or so.
Ha wouldn’t be surprised. JM definitely gets the special treatment. Kicking myself for not copping the White christos sooner. Guess they were sold out but not updated on the site? Maybe I’ll get lucky and they can still process it.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha wouldn’t be surprised. JM definitely gets the special treatment. Kicking myself for not copping the White christos sooner. Guess they were sold out but not updated on the site? Maybe I’ll get lucky and they can still process it.
Which white ones did you get? The blanket or the bandana style?

zabo358

Reaction score
Which white ones did you get? The blanket or the bandana style?
Ordered the bandana. When Vis relaunched the new webstore the other week they had a couple of sizes in some older released Christos. Guess they were old stock or returns?

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered the bandana. When Vis relaunched the new webstore the other week they had a couple of sizes in some older released Christos. Guess they were old stock or returns?
Not sure. I noticed that too. I like the bandanas but I really want the white blanket ICT version. Prices are crazy but there are still a few Vis grail items for me with no satisfactory alternatives.

Emixam

Reaction score
it really depends, tjey sometimes never reply, even on the US website. when they do, don't expect fast answers

zabo358

Reaction score
it really depends, tjey sometimes never reply, even on the US website. when they do, don't expect fast answers
Well I hope they at least process my refund. Kinda surprised by the quality of the customer service given the popularity of the brand.

zabo358

Reaction score
Spoke with the Santa Fe store and my order was canceled because the Christo's had a defect and was the last pair they had in stock. Anyway I was educated on the bi-annual trunk shows the brand does and apparently that's how you score the rare items, such as prototypes that the brand decides not to make full production runs on for the upcoming seasons. You place a pre-order, typically 30% down and you receive your item in roughly 6 months. Decided I'm going to take a weekend trip to Santa Fe check to check out the show in August and hopefully acquire a few nice pieces.

Last edited:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they only do the trunk shows in santa fe or maybe also sometimes on the east cost somewhere (NYC)?

Also, just dove into visvim after falling in love with the shaman-folk christos. I think I snagged @shopcanoeclub's last pair in brown.

zabo358

Reaction score
Do they only do the trunk shows in santa fe or maybe also sometimes on the east cost somewhere (NYC)?

Also, just dove into visvim after falling in love with the shaman-folk christos. I think I snagged @shopcanoeclub's last pair in brown.
The guy I spoke to also mentioned they do it in LA. Not sure about NYC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads