• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

remin

Reaction score
Anyone have tips on how to get into the Social Sculpture denim? I don't know much about jeans in general since I am like 5'5 on a good day and therefore have found good jeans (let alone well-fitted) hard to come by. I prefer slim/tapered look but this doesn't seem to be the general Vis look - appears to be bit wider or boot cut - but desperate to be corrected as I'm honestly noob. I bought a pair of Virgils (9 TTS) in Kyoto last Sept. and wondering what style of SS would pair with them. Am also sort of a sneaker head, so does anyone ever pair Vis SS with Nike too? :) Sorry for the ambiguity and thanks for any help on this, sick of defaulting to tech-fleece daily... for anyone not in my predicament it would be nice to see a rundown of how to understand the SS styles - so far it just looks like the patterning is different to me. Any tips on the fits for each?

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have tips on how to get into the Social Sculpture denim? I don't know much about jeans in general since I am like 5'5 on a good day and therefore have found good jeans (let alone well-fitted) hard to come by. I prefer slim/tapered look but this doesn't seem to be the general Vis look - appears to be bit wider or boot cut - but desperate to be corrected as I'm honestly noob. I bought a pair of Virgils (9 TTS) in Kyoto last Sept. and wondering what style of SS would pair with them. Am also sort of a sneaker head, so does anyone ever pair Vis SS with Nike too? :) Sorry for the ambiguity and thanks for any help on this, sick of defaulting to tech-fleece daily... for anyone not in my predicament it would be nice to see a rundown of how to understand the SS styles - so far it just looks like the patterning is different to me. Any tips on the fits for each?
The first post of the thread has some useful sizing guides from those in the know.

remin

Reaction score
The first post of the thread has some useful sizing guides from those in the know.
Thanks Chaconne didn't find much what i'm looking for there but will check out the previous pages in the thread :) but wasn't aware of those sizing tips on the first post so appreciate it greatly. Will definitely be using it!

abagnale

Reaction score
Hopefully the image and links below help.

The 04 is a pretty safe bet but the 10 also comes with a shorter leg.

Usually you need to size up on the waist so make sure to check measurements.

https://www.visvim.tv/dissertations/product_introspection_social_sculpture_denim_vol2.html

pht_ss_denim_vol2_03.jpg

bbhewee

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Any insights on cut 15? Waist looks massive but id be curious to understand more.

zabo358

Reaction score
Hey I am new to the brand and am trying to track down the Damage 14 or 17 denim in a 30x30. Is my only chance of finding this going to be via grailed or is there some sort of Japanese proxy I can use?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used Shoe Goo and it worked fine. You just need to be careful because the glue can push out as you put pressure on the shoe as you are applying it.

You can also try a liquid cement
Freesole or Aquaseal is a far better option compared to Shoe Goo. Shoe Goo dries fairly hard and can separate over time, where Freesole and Aquaseal are urethane-based and flex.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Freesole or Aquaseal is a far better option compared to Shoe Goo. Shoe Goo dries fairly hard and can separate over time, where Freesole and Aquaseal are urethane-based and flex.

thanks for the tips guys. Glad I can revive these FBTs that I’ve neglected to wear since buying

Civilist

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone's in the same boat as I am.

In April I bought a pair of Roland Joggers through a proxy, I chose to ship through EMS. They went to the post office in April; literally days later Japan Post announced they were suspending air mail to the U.S. They've said they're continuing to ship through surface mail, which can take up to four months apparently, and they're also returning to sender. No idea what's happening my with package, tracking info hasn't changed since April 18, which says 'Arrival at outward office of exchange.'

I'm a pessimist by nature so I figure I'm fucked and my package is never going to get here and I just have to take the $800 loss. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Retlas

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone's in the same boat as I am.

In April I bought a pair of Roland Joggers through a proxy, I chose to ship through EMS. They went to the post office in April; literally days later Japan Post announced they were suspending air mail to the U.S. They've said they're continuing to ship through surface mail, which can take up to four months apparently, and they're also returning to sender. No idea what's happening my with package, tracking info hasn't changed since April 18, which says 'Arrival at outward office of exchange.'

I'm a pessimist by nature so I figure I'm fucked and my package is never going to get here and I just have to take the $800 loss. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Not personally... but I have heard of people in the UK having to wait 3 months and things then arriving, but they did!

circa same timings as you... April packages etc

Emixam

Reaction score
i live in Japan and Ems announced that the parcels which were accepted just before the cutoff day could take up to 4 months to be delivered

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics