• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
This is all preference but traditionally the speed hooks arent used, the laces are wrapped around the shoe and tied with the speed hooks left open.

View attachment 1392437

yea I tried to do it but the laces come Up too short to do a full proper lace. I just have wide feet so I can’t really pullin enough lace to wrap around the speed hooks! Either way, the virgils will be worn

bbhewee

Reaction score
Yes, but not sure about the newer models. Definitely the older models- I had a pair way back when since they were cheap, but in a different league than the real deal.

cheers. Any pointers to identify? I just got a pair and all details look right but they feel a little light compared to my other Ditas

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would help to see pictures- for reference I have the scout model. To me they are super heavy, almost uncomfortably so- they also tend to slide down my nose and I still have a pronounced bridge. Quality and shape are great, but I hardly wear them.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Would help to see pictures- for reference I have the scout model. To me they are super heavy, almost uncomfortably so- they also tend to slide down my nose and I still have a pronounced bridge. Quality and shape are great, but I hardly wear them.

thank you.
97D4DE5C-F851-46C3-9153-B93239D8C373.jpeg
B34E4BAB-B9B2-4017-A814-62398AFE99B4.jpeg
52C9DEF3-BE91-46BE-B972-DE7E6727064A.jpeg
04BA4166-C878-4497-8B64-28A306CFA65D.jpeg
EAD41A63-2DFD-41DF-A8A0-B9A07CEA6541.jpeg

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh, thats the older model which was commonly faked. Pictures don't have any major red flags, but like you said (and me personally for having owned the fakes) - they are very lightweight and feel kinda cheap. I think the hinge ended up crapping out on my fake pair. If they also didnt come with all accessories I'd have less confidence. The nose bridge should also be clear, which if they are cheap plastic will likely not be clear. It's more common in acetate lenses since they are shaped from sheets of acetate. This is a pair of what I believe are authentic. The frames look thicker than the fake pair I had...

1590057456362.png

bbhewee

Reaction score
Nose bridge on mine is clear. Came without any accessories.

Emixam

Reaction score
i had the fake ones And nose bridge was clear, these looks like fake. the lenses were quite bad, real ones are supposed to be polarized which by looking at your pics doesn't seem to be the case

bbhewee

Reaction score
i had the fake ones And nose bridge was clear, these looks like fake. the lenses were quite bad, real ones are supposed to be polarized which by looking at your pics doesn't seem to be the case
Cheers. I never knew the Dita ones were supposed to be polarised. Really appreciate the insights.

to be clear the lightweight comment was in comparison to a pair of dita ramblers. They’re heavier than a pair of Ray Bans or Leight’s.

Last edited:

supermang

Reaction score
Honestly I thought the Visvim Ditas didn't feel very substantial & worth the high pricetag. I picked up these Jacques Marie Mage frames instead

1590129357977.png

Last edited:

Emixam

Reaction score
Vis frames are not worth it, normal Dita line or these Kacques MArie Mage are way better

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of springing for some visvim shoes that I can wear comfortably throughout the year in Cali. Any suggestions? I don’t really like the tassels or whatever you call them on the sides of the shoes. Thinking maybe Huron or Virgil as a start to see if I like them?

speaknoevil

Reaction score
Virgil's might be a little heavy/ warm for Cali I would think, Huron probably a better bet.

norigim

Reaction score
NorCal or SoCal? Virgils will be fine in NorCal year round. Not sure about SoCal.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks y’all. I’m in SoCal. I like the virgils better and was hoping it being lightweight would help, but I guess it’s still a boot.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Any suggestions on the best glue/procedure to fix separation? Specifically on red deer FBTs

9144AC6D-0B1F-482C-B006-0D0389B032BD.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads