• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emixam

Reaction score
has anyone noticed how the 101 dmgd upper pocket inner corner weakens quickly ? I know it is inherent to the stitching, but this is my 2nd 101 dmgd, and 2nd with a hole forming already while it is new. I also have the 101 dmgd 1003, but the wash being less strong this doesn't show.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yo! We're finally starting to build out more of an offering regarding Vis. We put together a brief video showing the pieces being worn - I hope this helps show a little more eloquently how the clothing fits. Feel free to reach out with any questions about sizing or measurements.

*****Also... we've got a 25% code running that applies sitewide, just saying. Use SPRING25.*****

Vis 2.jpeg

Vis 1.jpeg

Attica Trainer - Red
Attica Trainer - Mustard
Attica Trainer - Beige

Vis 4.jpeg

Vis 3.jpeg

Vis 6.jpeg

SS Handyman Shirt - Damaged

Vis 7.jpeg

Honus Cap - Mustard
Viator Sunglasses Roadmaster - Dark Brown

Vis 5.jpeg

Honus Cap - Black
Viator Sunglasses Roadmaster - Dark Brown

Vis Brown.jpeg

Virgil Boots-Folk - Brown

Vis Iris.jpeg

Iris Jacket - Light Green

Last edited:

simcol

Reaction score
Hi folks. Looking for a Japanese proxy service, but one more personal than Buyee/FromJapan. One that will actually telephone a shop in Japan and ask questions, and perhaps negotiate. Any ideas if anyone in Japan provides this type of service as opposed to the standard proxy service? Thanks in advance! Simon.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://rare-s.com/ contact info on the site- he won't negotiate however. Haggling is highly frowned upon in Japan and just isnt something people do.

simcol

Reaction score
http://rare-s.com/ contact info on the site- he won't negotiate however. Haggling is highly frowned upon in Japan and just isnt something people do.
Thanks. I'll give this a go. On the bargaining front, totally understood. Just sometimes in an auction the seller actually mentions that they are open to an offer, but the proxy I normally use won't help by making an offer even where invited to do so by the seller. Quite frustrating as you know the asking price is more than the price they are willing to accept - they actually tell you - but if you want the item you have to pay what you know is over the odds.

Anyway, much appreciated. Will report back on how my experiences go with rare-s.

Cheers!

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that's the case that is probably the only exception I can think of. I was thinking you were referring to the retail brick and mortar establishments

schuermang

Reaction score
Dipping my toes into the visvim waters, picked up a pair of Virgils and a 101 damaged denim jacket. I thought the brand was a meme at first but this is some of the highest quality stuff I've ever handled. Really impressed and I think it just kickstarted an addiction.

Anyway, can anyone comment on the one wash lhamo shirt sizing: https://www.blueowl.us/collections/visvim/products/ss-lhamo-shirt-in-one-wash?variant=31336934047802. The size 4 denim jacket I have is a perfect fit FWIW, although I'm unsure of the season since I purchased off eBay.

Emixam

Reaction score
take a 4 in lhamo as well. since SS19 lhamo fits a bit bigger/longer than past iterations

GunwashAce

Reaction score
Name the brand that makes similar shirts to the Katchum shirt with saggy lower pockets. Go!

thanks in advance!

hint: I think it’s either from France or The UK.

Last edited:

moreismore

Reaction score
I am trying to pick up a pair of Brigadier Boots Folk. I wonder do they still run large and need to size down .5 on recent styles? Thanks!

MeatFish

Reaction score
Hey, haven’t tried any Vis footwear but wanted to know the sizing on Zermatts. Anybody have experience with them?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, haven’t tried any Vis footwear but wanted to know the sizing on Zermatts. Anybody have experience with them?
I have a pair from AW19 I believe it was black roughout. I sized 12 same as my general sneakers fit. I wear 12 in NB 996, Nike Janoskis, and 11 in a snug Barrie last. Let me know if you need any other help!

MeatFish

Reaction score
I have a pair from AW19 I believe it was black roughout. I sized 12 same as my general sneakers fit. I wear 12 in NB 996, Nike Janoskis, and 11 in a snug Barrie last. Let me know if you need any other help!
This helps, thanks! Im a 10 Barrie and 11 in most sneakers, so that sounds like it lines up.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Thank you! I will steer well clear. Very much appreciated ...

those are 7 hole moc toe from 2014, they are NOT fake welt stitches. That's the uprated sole unit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads