1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Difference between the Visvim 101 jkt python patch version and the blue deer patch version ?

2. thief

thief Member

i purchased this lhamo shirt earlier in late feb, was my first time buying directly from the webstore. i tried to send a link to a friend and found that they edited the webstore and now i can't even find it sold out. maybe i'm blind but i double checked. do they do this? not so worried because a shipping date was set but just curious
    [​IMG]

3. rpalsis

rpalsis Member

4. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

The python damaged 101 has a bit of a dirty cast to it whereas more recent damaged/washed versions are less contrasty and don't have that tan undertone.

5. Jolek

Jolek Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience with this season's Lhamo shirt? Is it still recommended to size up? I can't try on locally but would assume that the silhouette would look better with some drape vs snug.

6. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

For the lhamo shirts, as far as I know, were always TTS. The noragis were size up. By TTS I am going with size 2 = small.

7. Jolek

Jolek Well-Known Member

Thanks. 2=small helps to guide my sizing. Measurements are usually a good guide but I find it always helps to ask people who have size experience.

8. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

2 is medium, 3 is large but its japanese sizing. Bulkier larger outerwear will tend to be true to size, whereas slimmer pieces or shirting may either be true or size up recommended. The problem is lengths, generally speaking when you size up to fit the lengths are too long, just double check measurements when purchasing. Cheers!

9. Jolek

Jolek Well-Known Member

One more question about the lhamo. Are the armholes very high or tight? I usually wear size small but have found that in some Japanese brands that I don't have any room in the armhole (armpit area) ie. Blue Blue Japan Shirts.

10. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

Nobody fits in the noragi, don't even try. Look back at 5 years of Sufu hemming and hawing and reselling.

As for the lhamo, size up one from your usual outerwear size unless you're pretty slim.

1 person likes this.
  11. g transistor

I would consider the armholes high.

12. leek

leek New Member

Hey guys,

Recently bought an albacore shirt and have managed to stain the front with beer/coke. Tried a few different 'stain removers' however to no avail.

Heres some pictures for reference:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Anyone got any ancient techniques for removing it?

Shirt for reference: http://www.peggsandson.com/albacore-native-blanket-l-s-shirt-giza-ivory

Thanks in advance!

13. Jolek

Jolek Well-Known Member

Well I took the plunge and ordered the indigo overdye Lhamo from this season. It arrived and I am thoroughly impressed. I've been reading a few articles about Hiroki so I thought it's give it a go. Definitely something special here.

I went with the 2 as recommended. I found the body looser than I normally wear but I could feel the drop shoulders so I have a feeling these would have been constricting if I sized down to the 1.

Thanks all for your insights.

14. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

Link? Been looking at this style for awhile and want to see the color myself.

15. g transistor

Nice. Yeah, it can be hard to nail down a size for all of the Vis stuff. My general guideline is 2 fits like a size 46/Small, though technically it's a Japanese Medium. I guess that can be confusing if I keep saying it's TTS. It's supposed to drape and not be very fitted, so if you've got some looseness in the body, sounds like you did well. Ultimately, the toughest measurements to hit for Visvim in my opinion are length and shoulders.

The Lhamo was my second piece of Vis ever, Virgils being my first. Hope you get to grab some more in the future. The footwear is some of the most comfortable I've had.

16. Jolek

Jolek Well-Known Member

@ZanderRosen I got my Lhamo from SSense. They have a good selection of sizes. Most other places the Lhamo popped up and sold out very quickly. The color is pretty accurate on the website.

@g Transistor. Yeah if I've learned one thing about Japanese clothing it's that you have to ask people who have first hand knowledge and the sizes are usually different. The arms are a smidge longer than what would be considered good in menswear but I have a feeling that after a few washes that will go away. I've seen fits where people roll up the cuffs and that seems to work too.

What would be your recommendation for a first pair of Visvim shoes? I'm not sure if I could pull off FBTs but do have a hole in my boot collection. Virgils?

17. g transistor

Virgils are my favorite. Comfy and lightweight. They're not built super amazing to even in comparison to brands like Viberg, you're buying mostly for design, but I love my virgils. The comfiest pair of boots I've owned, and the silhouette goes with a lot.

18. the shah

the shah Senior member

ok how about $225 for a bnib pair of prima folk sneakers ??

19. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

Well, it happened today. Was hiking in the Adirondacks (nothing too intense), one slip literally 100 meters from the car and the vibram lug sole of my right boot was cleanly ripped half off. I will say it looks fairly trivial to fix.

I'd say one repair in 3 years ain't bad though.