• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LJubel328

Reaction score
For anyone looking for the Sanjuro in Olive Size 4 theres one left at Carson Street. You can PM if youre interested as I work for them. FYI, it fits small.

VitaTimH

Reaction score
This might be a long shot but do any experts know what kind of ballistic nylon Visvim used in its old bags? I noticed the material on my e-cat was extremely similar to that of my $29 ful computer backpack, which uses 1680 Denier. Looked at both under a magnifying glass and they look identical. Just curious. Thanks in advance!

HH88

Reaction score
Hi!

Could someone please tell me how the fit is for the Social sculpture damaged shirt ?

Thanks

halberdklown

Reaction score

For anyone looking for the Sanjuro in Olive Size 4 theres one left at Carson Street. You can PM if youre interested as I work for them. FYI, it fits small.
aw this bums me out! Have my size 2 coming in from Carson on Monday and I was anticipating it fitting a little larger than normal (I'm usually a 3 in most everything Vis I've tried) :(

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wearing my Visvim Virgils today. The only thing that would make these better is a side zip. Last year, I got, instead of the Virgils, the Sophnet 7 hole side zips. While those are cool, they have structural flaws (like, the flimsiest toebox of all time) and a simple single stitchdown construction. A liltle less expensive than Visvim, but honestly, not that much less. These things are much nicer. And while I love my Vibergs also, these are much lighter, and for all day wear, more comfortable for that reason. They only knock is that they are not as sturdy as Vibergs, by a country mile, but if you are not on the fireline or doing construction or on a factory floor, you are going to be just fine.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The internal conflict is strong with you, just embrace and admit they are the boot you have been looking for :happy:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The internal conflict is strong with you, just embrace and admit they are the boot you have been looking for :happy:

I'm a maximalist, and have dozens of boots from dozens of companies. None of them are perfect, but I like a lot of them. I've always like the Virgil, and some of the stuff I really like I also hate, like the TPU counter, which looks super cool, but also seems clumsily integrated with the welt.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wearing my Visvim Virgils today.  The only thing that would  make these better is a side zip.

convert

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a maximalist, and have dozens of boots from dozens of companies. None of them are perfect, but I like a lot of them. I've always like the Virgil, and some of the stuff I really like I also hate, like the TPU counter, which looks super cool, but also seems clumsily integrated with the welt.

I've always wondered, how is it actually integrated into the boot? Is it just glued on or whatever? It's really hard to find any info on TPU stuff.

Virgils are great, good to hear you picked them up. I've gotta get mine resoled and cleaned. The polish I had didn't end up working so well...

Looking to pick up some Hilts or Brigs next. Would love a pair of brig highs. There are so many footwear choices I want from Vis. Just wish sizing was more consistent

jlcookmd

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on fortythieves, an on-line UK-based web store? Their Visvim prices seem too good to be true, and I know what that usually means. Any experience? Thanks.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any thoughts on fortythieves, an on-line UK-based web store? Their Visvim prices seem too good to be true, and I know what that usually means. Any experience? Thanks.

No bricks and mortar address listed, broken English under shipping instructions, massive product range including almost impossible to find pieces...

Why would anybody be at all suspicious that this could be a classic fake goods site?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No bricks and mortar address listed, broken English under shipping instructions, massive product range including almost impossible to find pieces...

Why would anybody be at all suspicious that this could be a classic fake goods site?
It is a cool name though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics