• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
This is your size, imo
Thanks Samer!
For a little more context… I want the fit to be like an overshirt and just have a tee underneath. I live in Sydney now and it doesn’t get that cold, so layering is not important to me.
I thought the consensus was to size down on Kerchief a little? I say that in hindsight after my size 2 arrived😂

I also have a ss23 lhamo I bought in Tokyo last year. I tried the size 2 and the staff member (friendly and cool) said “perfect”… I asked for the size 1 and he shook his head and said “too small”. Sz 1 was THE perfect fit (imo).
IMG_1717.jpeg

I would like this kind of fit:
IMG_1718.jpeg

Or, like this one I just bought:
IMG_1779.jpeg

Just a bit neater all round.
I hope it works out😜
Time will tell😬

pockets

Reaction score
Can someone help me understand the difference between amplus and jumbo hoodies - is it only the cut or material also? Cheers!
theyre different cuts. amplus is wider. court is narrower than jumbo with thicker cuffs. if it says sb, its shorter. there are different treatments / finishes, like (example, UD uneven dye) theyre usually all cotton, but there are some with slight blends such as cashmere or like the mustard i just got, nylon (excited).

botzzz

Reaction score
theyre different cuts. amplus is wider. court is narrower than jumbo with thicker cuffs. if it says sb, its shorter. there are different treatments / finishes, like (example, UD uneven dye) theyre usually all cotton, but there are some with slight blends such as cashmere or like the mustard i just got, nylon (excited).

for anyone with experience of the recent cotton/nylon sweats, any idea why they went that route when historically its been pretty much 100% cotton for the last few seasons for sweats? (other than the cotton/silk this spring)

the cotton/nylon has some great colors, but wondering if it makes sense to hold out for 100% cotton in the future

Trim

Reaction score
Yeah, having the same thoughts too. Also, what's a good size for 180cm tall in this Jumbo SB version?

pockets

Reaction score
for anyone with experience of the recent cotton/nylon sweats, any idea why they went that route when historically its been pretty much 100% cotton for the last few seasons for sweats? (other than the cotton/silk this spring)

the cotton/nylon has some great colors, but wondering if it makes sense to hold out for 100% cotton in the future
i dont know visvim’s official take, but i take it as an exploration of fabrics and qualities really. ive been wearing the **** out of the recent cotton / cashmere court hoodie, really cozy. the inclusion of nylon for spring i think is a cool fabric, i dont think theyve done it before? i have had some vintage hoodies older than me in a similar blend and they just have a different feel. in a honest addict way, i have so many visvim hoodies that the fabric difference is an excuse to buy more, because the color / fit choices are basically easily covered.

if you equate straight cotton to the “quality” that you want, then wait. but i think there is value to letting yourself cop and experience different fabrics.

Blancpain

Reaction score
I have the light green 5% nylon amplus SB. It's slightly rougher and maybe a bit more breathable than all cotton. It doesn't seem to be softening as much as my cotton or sea island cotton ones. But this is all minute differences and I agree that this is not a pro or a con, just different. There is no reason to wait for a "better" one.

I will say that recently (like the past 2 years) the jumbo SB seems to be running a full size small. I said it before but IMO amplus SB is their best cut ever. I am 180cm 160lbs - typically a slimmer Large - and take 3 in amplus sb and 4 in jumbo sb.

IMG_4781.jpeg

pockets

Reaction score
totally with you.

im 175cmish and like 135 lbs, im a size 1 in most all visvim (which sucks availability wise) except for court and pants which i’ll often take a 2. depending on season and variation they definitely fit different i think sb being the most significant shift. i have some older jumbos that are “thinner” in material for sure.

fit is all preference first off, i generally prefer a slightly oversized yet shrunken cropped silhouette. based on color / finish / etc. and fit i just grab whatever though, but fit wise the jumbo sb is the fit ill reach for most of the time. i think the court in a size up is a little underrated rn though. amplus sb is cozier, a more distinct silhouette i feel. i have a crash grey and dark mud amplus that are among my general favorites, i love them all and wear a visvim sweat every single day.

frunk

Reaction score
The nylon blend is to help with stretching/shrinkage and maintain the original size/proportions of the garment over time

Trim

Reaction score
Yes, still trying to find that faded navy (purple) dmdg amplus sb hoodie

Watty

Reaction score
Not sure that I’ve seen this discussed specifically here, but how does everybody wash their mud-dyed pieces?

Sitting here like a chump, having dripped some grease from a breakfast sandwich on my crewneck.

norigim

Reaction score
Not sure that I’ve seen this discussed specifically here, but how does everybody wash their mud-dyed pieces?

Sitting here like a chump, having dripped some grease from a breakfast sandwich on my crewneck.

Just let it ride. Old visvim never dies :D

I just throw my clothes in the normal laundry like any other clothes and wash it on delicate/gentle cycle. Sometimes I'll put it in a net bag or wash it alone if the dye is likely to transfer.

Watty

Reaction score
Just let it ride. Old visvim never dies :D

I just throw my clothes in the normal laundry like any other clothes and wash it on delicate/gentle cycle. Sometimes I'll put it in a net bag or wash it alone if the dye is likely to transfer.
Fair play, guess I was just thinking of like specific treatment products. On my “normal clothes,” I’d have no problem shooting it with like a Shout spot treatment product or similar pre wash, but I’d rather not end up with a mud-dyed piece that ends up with a much lighter spot from that in a noticeable location.

But maybe this will come out with a regular wash and I won’t need to worry about this much at all.

Trim

Reaction score
I have the light green 5% nylon amplus SB. It's slightly rougher and maybe a bit more breathable than all cotton. It doesn't seem to be softening as much as my cotton or sea island cotton ones. But this is all minute differences and I agree that this is not a pro or a con, just different. There is no reason to wait for a "better" one.

I will say that recently (like the past 2 years) the jumbo SB seems to be running a full size small. I said it before but IMO amplus SB is their best cut ever. I am 180cm 160lbs - typically a slimmer Large - and take 3 in amplus sb and 4 in jumbo sb.

View attachment 2143867
Thanks again for the insight. Always appreciate it!
Since we are on the topic of material composition, I wanted to find out if there is a difference in the thickness of the hoodie between SS and FW seasons if both are on 100% cotton. I would assume the latter would use a thicker cotton I supposed?

kami

Reaction score
curious if anyone happened to have the official measurements for the fw22 purser? was always looking for a 5 but wondering if a 4 would work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads