1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. HEB4

HEB4 Member

Same here.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Austo

Austo Active Member

Closing sale over at Carson Street has really solid Vis prices

3. sartbaeklv

sartbaeklv Senior member

everything is practically sold out though except for the sanjuro coats and a few tees

4. Adanac

Adanac Member

Hi! I would like to get opinions on how this Noragi fits on me [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

looks good, albeit a little big based on length. I would keep, sizing down will make arms very tight (kinda the intended look but not comfortable).

1 person likes this.
  6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

If someone here picked up that 103 from Grilled and doesn't like it, let me know.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  7. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

just got my virgil grizzly mid folks in light brown and i really like them. sold my virgils, which were half a size too big, in order to get these. regardless of the size, i like the grizzly mid folks better than the virgils. for whatever reason the virgils didn't work with my wardrobe and just looked weird whenever i tried them on.

8. Yexu5y

Yexu5y Well-Known Member

Looking for AW13 Brigadier Camel in size 11 or 10.5

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Do the AW15 kerchief down jackets require sizing up? I remember on Sufu half the people sized up and the other half went TTS. I don't plan on wearing anything more than a tee shirt or light knit underneath.

10. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

which one are you referring to?

11. therealeeyore

therealeeyore Member

I'm looking at a pair of Skagways and would love to get some sizing advice. I know the consensus is that they run a little big. For the record, I wear a US11 for the Virgil and Armiger, but I wear a US10 in 7-hole and Grizzly (though a 10.5 might have been a slightly better fit for that one). Should I look for a US10 or 10.5 for the Skagways?

Thanks.

12. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

depends on the season, my suede skagway lo from SS14 fit very TTS for example

13. London

London Senior member

I got the camp models. I normally wear a 10 in most sneakers but the 9.5 fit perfectly.

14. blasuzz

blasuzz New Member

TTS on the skagways in my opinion. Although I'll say at first i thought they were a little tight but then they broke in. While the skags are much more comfortable than the traditional chuck taylor, they do take a similar amount of time to break in given the wrap around rubber, etc.

15. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

I size down from 8.5 to 8 for Skags, same as I do for Converses

16. therealeeyore

therealeeyore Member

Thanks very much for the advice. I decided to try the size 10.5 since there was one available, and I think it is the right size. A size 11 might be slightly better for my right foot, but it would probably be too long for my left. I'm counting on the break-in process to help. So, I ended up going down .5 from my Virgil size.

17. bows1

bows1 Senior member

How are Visvim jeans? Looking into a washed pair of 04's. Never seen them in person though

and as a p true 34 would a 34x32 work?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  18. Shinoda

Shinoda Well-Known Member

Washed jeans look tacky and unnatural IMO. Best to get the raw unwashed ones and wear them out naturally.

19. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

The washed jeans are some of the best you can buy- particularly because the wash is very realistic and the distressing is done tastefully. The 04 cut runs a size small, Imo would recommend a size 36 if you are a true 34. I think my size 34 04's stretched out to around 42-43cm waist, 36 will be closer to a true 34 especially in the legs.

20. Shinoda

Shinoda Well-Known Member

I'm still not a fan, but I did like some of the lt. Indigo distressing done on the moleskin pastoral pants and shorts.

Btw, what do you think of the new fbt prime fycus?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016