• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

frunk

Reaction score
is anyone in this thread based in Tokyo? If so, please dm me!

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posting this here as well since I know a lot of you guys use ZM.

Just got this message from ZM:

"Thank you for using our service.

We are writing to inform you that starting from October 24 it will be impossible to alter declared value for any parcel or any shipping method."

shopsecondhandvisvim

Reaction score
ED4E9F0B-B091-4A03-8F23-2A21AD21FC2D.jpeg

Selling this pair of SS21 ICT Mud Dye Virgil Boots if anyones interested.

Size: 9.5

Asking $750 plus fees and shipping.

9/10 condition. Comes with full set!

More pictures on my Instagram: @visvimtradingpost

Hmu on there if you're interested!

Have a lot more cheap vis too!

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Posting this here as well since I know a lot of you guys use ZM.

Just got this message from ZM:

"Thank you for using our service.

We are writing to inform you that starting from October 24 it will be impossible to alter declared value for any parcel or any shipping method."

damn. They seemed if I’m not mistaken to be the last company that did that. Might need to get some orders in before then haha

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgive me for asking the dumb question but I figured you guys would be the ones to come to for assistance. What is the process with Zenmarket or other proxies? I’ve yet to use one and in general have emailed shops to order direct. (Not necessarily Vis)

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgive me for asking the dumb question but I figured you guys would be the ones to come to for assistance. What is the process with Zenmarket or other proxies? I’ve yet to use one and in general have emailed shops to order direct. (Not necessarily Vis)

There's a video guide to ZM here

m.ello

Reaction score
damn. They seemed if I’m not mistaken to be the last company that did that. Might need to get some orders in before then haha

I think FromJapan still lets you declare value. Haven't used it in a few months though so I can't say if that's changed

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think FromJapan still lets you declare value. Haven't used it in a few months though so I can't say if that's changed
They've done it for me once as they said they should have made it clear that they don't allow it. The allowed up to 30% of the value on one occasion.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

IIRC correctly I've asked them about this and they've told me they won't do it.

m.ello

Reaction score
Are these all from recent times? I feel like I've been under-declaring for years, it usually gave me the option when I'm checking out for shipping on charge 2.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these all from recent times? I feel like I've been under-declaring for years, it usually gave me the option when I'm checking out for shipping on charge 2.

I'd say maybe 3 months back or so?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads