• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

m.ello

Reaction score
Neckline the same? Also do you take the same size for jumbo and amplus?

I only have amplus hoodies so I can't say for sure. I imagine that they would be the same for the given season

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Neckline the same? Also do you take the same size for jumbo and amplus?
I'd say it's more or less the same neckline. but yes, I too prefer the amplus cut, the shorter length makes it easier to layer. necklines tend to differ between finshes. uneven and veggie dyes usually have tighter necklines

FW22: Hmmmmmm, some nice things there, the gyalpo robe, SAR jkt, return of the alta. Although I'm not sure on some of the styling? blazers and varsity jackets over a long overcoat???? when the hell did that become a thing?

Last edited:

zabo358

Reaction score
I'd say it's more or less the same neckline. but yes, I too prefer the amplus cut, the shorter length makes it easier to layer. necklines tend to differ between finshes. uneven and veggie dyes usually have tighter necklines
Jumbo and amplus size the same?

zabo358

Reaction score
They're both pretty roomy and you should get the same size for both. I much prefer the Jumbo cut, but I have a relatively long torso.
Is the amplus really that much more cropped? Looking at the tee measurements, jumbo is smaller in every metric. I know I’ve griped about Vis’ measurements in the past but this doesn’t really make any sense.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Is the amplus really that much more cropped? Looking at the tee measurements, jumbo is smaller in every metric. I know I’ve griped about Vis’ measurements in the past but this doesn’t really make any sense.
yes, it's always shorter and wider and the hood is gigantic, something I really like

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FW22: Hmmmmmm, some nice things there, the gyalpo robe, SAR jkt, return of the alta. Although I'm not sure on some of the styling? blazers and varsity jackets over a long overcoat???? when the hell did that become a thing?

I think its been done for quite some time with nepenthes' brands ie needles and engineered garments. Seems to be common amongst japanese workwear brands (included a look from daiwa pier39 as well). In the case of visvim, the four winds coat is based on a vintage anti-gas cape, and the traditional iteration is thin and unlined, which in my opinion makes it hard to style as outer (It was used as protection on top of clothing to protect from mustard gas, but was more commonly used as a rain poncho since it had linseed oil coating). The iteration that they were promoting in the lookbook is pretty bright and washed out, which might not photograph well unless paired with darker or more contrasty stuff (just a hunch)

vintage gas cape
1627423984887.png

EG fall 21
1627423198828.png

1627423231213.png

EG fall 20(?)
1627423630698.png

Needles fall 20(?)
1627423283453.png

Daiwa Pier39 fall 21
1627423477319.png

Unused spring 2018
1627424359915.png

Nigel Cabourn

1627424421371.png

Last edited:

Retlas

Reaction score
Thank buddy... like the breakdown in that article.
Someone want to hook me up with that deerskin vest in indigo? You know you do! haha

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do like the Caban shirt. Is that a size down job? I have a free edge lattice before that was a 4 and definitely should have sized down.

Also - the price for Wallace shoes?! Hiroki can have a day off! :D

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a much better presentation than the official lookbook :)

I get tts in the caban. Embrace the loose fit!

Darius.T

Reaction score

Also seen a lot of Bomber Jackets over some sort of Robes/Kimono's in Tokyo on women recently, which I actually dig. Never saw blazers over a long thing, but I gotta look at it a couple times before I make a verdict...

The varsity jacket fit looks pretty dope. I think it would look pretty great if you have some sort of long layer without a collar underneath a collared shorter jacket. Maybe a Thorson (or any bomber) over a Gyalpo or Lhamo Robe.

I tried that out with a Chamdo, but that didn't work as the chamdo is just too massive haha

m.ello

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that all previous season items have been removed from the japan webshop since the UI change?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads