• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen denim in the last few years that hasn't been social sculpture.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
sorry for another sizing question, but didn't find it via search in the thread - is the patterson overcoat cut oversized similar to the fishtail and chamdo or is it more true to size?

shopsecondhandvisvim

Reaction score

Skagway Hi G. Patten
Size: 11 (only one left)
price: $478 shipped (30% off applied in cart)

rms

Reaction score
sorry for another sizing question, but didn't find it via search in the thread - is the patterson overcoat cut oversized similar to the fishtail and chamdo or is it more true to size?
Huge, same tent fit as fish tail

rms

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with how the Nabi Moc Hi-Folk Boots fit? Relative to say Skagways or Brigs or anything else?
Wear Nabi / regular Skagways US10, Brigs US10.5 but US10 would be fine. The suede Nabi boots are very forgiving.

rms

Reaction score
As much as I turn my nose up at 'Made in China', all pairs of Vis footwear I have have been excellent quality. Let's not forget that China has a history of producing some of the finest pieces in history, Jade, Porcelein etc. I appreciate recent history has somewhat tarnished this, but with a population that large, surely there will be people who still produce quality.

Same here in England, we have factories in Leicester producing crap for Boohoo, as well as world class cobblers in Northampton and tailors on Savile Row. Nowhere is perfect.

I appreciate not everyone is having a pop at the 'Made in China' tag as part of this conversation, but just wanted to add my two pence.
Fully agree. Deep history of craftsmanship in HK/China. Some of the Savile Row made-to-measure is often outsourced to there. Comes down the workshop. I have had some great and p*ss poor work come back from Savile Row / Jermyn Street and
OG's, cause the blue sole is ugly AF.
Thanks, that leaves little discussion😊

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Finally signed up to SF! Been lurking on and off for a few years. But thought I’d finally sign up. Used to be on Sufu, FUK years back. First got into Visvim around 2008 but back then just FBTs like a lot of people

latest pick up is this Ketchum shirt. Been hunting for a size 5 for a while (Needing size 5 makes Visvim always that little bit more complicated) and finally managed to find one. Was after either this or the Irving version but must say love this one with the pockets which is a nice touch.

Last edited:

Bryce C

Reaction score
Visvim Crushed Velvet low sneakers in midnight blue US SIZE 11 -- 350 Euro. Have hesitated to pull the trigger. Tempted, but I feel like the NYC streets would absolutely destroy the uppers in a bad way:

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visvim Crushed Velvet low sneakers in midnight blue US SIZE 11 -- 350 Euro. Have hesitated to pull the trigger. Tempted, but I feel like the NYC streets would absolutely destroy the uppers in a bad way:

How would the streets destroy the uppers?

Bryce C

Reaction score
How would the streets destroy the uppers?
Velvet in my experience doesn't do well with water (discolors material heavily, sometimes to a white color). It might look great over time, but I don't want to be a guinea pig. Hence why I posted it for someone who will do them justice.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.