• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hanto

Reaction score
FJ will definitely mark down, there is an option to change the value during the shipping charge/selection
Perfect. Can they do order requests where the shop only allow email purchases?

Hanto

Reaction score
Saying my account has been blocked from bidding on auctions?!

Do you need to setup a balance like zen or pay on order like buyee?

m.ello

Reaction score
I'm not so sure. I've ordered from random shop sites before but none that required emails first. If you submit an order they should get back to you relatively quick. I don't see why they wouldn't.

m.ello

Reaction score
Saying my account has been blocked from bidding on auctions?!

Do you need to setup a balance like zen or pay on order like buyee?
Yeah I have to setup a balance for auctions, I keep my paypal account connected to it so it's instant

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reporting back. I received two replies from FJ:

"Unfortunately, as modifying items values on the invoice is against the law, we are unable to offer to do so. Thank you very much for your understanding on this matter."

"We are very sorry, but currently we do not offer to help with purchases from Mercari."

Case closed (?) 😞

Last edited:

Emixam

Reaction score
I think they size a half size down or so. Been relatively uniform the last couple seasons but also depends on the type of leather used.
I second that, all iterations been pretty snug, size up mandatory

Hanto

Reaction score
Reporting back. I received two replies from FJ:

"Unfortunately, as modifying items values on the invoice is against the law, we are unable to offer to do so. Thank you very much for your understanding on this matter."

"We are very sorry, but currently we do not offer to help with purchases from Mercari."

Case closed (?) 😞
hope not. just ordered some eiger shorts off the back of m.ello's advice. o_O

zabo358

Reaction score
How many washes do you typically get out of a natural dyed product (ie Jumbo tee) before it has lost most of it's dye and it looks fairly faded?

deepdiver93

Reaction score
How do kerchiefs fit again? I am 5'8", 140 lbs and usually do size 1/small in long sleeve button ups and coats, however I guess it depends if it is something I want to wear it more as a shirt (get a size 1) vs. an overshirt (get a size 2)?

Retlas

Reaction score
i have heard the new versions (this season and last's fit larger) so you can go TTS... the older iterations were a size up job

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do kerchiefs fit again? I am 5'8", 140 lbs and usually do size 1/small in long sleeve button ups and coats, however I guess it depends if it is something I want to wear it more as a shirt (get a size 1) vs. an overshirt (get a size 2)?
Old ones you should size up 1, new ones you should size down 1 (unless you want the oversize fit, then get TTS). Even with sizing down 1 on the new ones, it will still look big compared to the old ones.

deepdiver93

Reaction score
thanks guys, I'm more interested in the cowboy/kapa patterns which are older ones so might go a size 2

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New ones are just the ones released starting from last year that are drop shoulder. All the other ones, regardless of pattern, would be considered "old" sizing and should size up.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.