• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Not sure about UK, but I usually send jean repairs to Self Edge.
Railcar Fine Goods in CA for everyone else outside NYC. Not sure if they do international orders though.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone here has a pair of grizzlies or t.w.o boots in size 8,8.5,9 please let me know :) I want to purchase my first pair

simcol

Reaction score
I need more photos, mainly of the tongue tab and sole. I can't make an accurate assessment, and I've seen fake grizzlys that would fool a lot of people.
Thanks for all the input. Here are all the pictures I have at the moment ...
visvim_grizzly_4.jpg
visvim_grizzly_3.jpg
visvim_grizzly_2.jpg
visvim_grizzly_1.jpg
visvim_grizzly_4.jpg visvim_grizzly_3.jpg visvim_grizzly_2.jpg visvim_grizzly_1.jpg

Seller says that there is no box :(

Retlas

Reaction score
is it just me but is the leather too light for the suede on this model? i.e. doesnt match up here... is the lighting really blowing out the dark pair and making them look light

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 07.12.15.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 07.12.15.png
    293.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 07.12.23.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 07.12.23.png
    338.3 KB · Views: 51

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lighting looks blown out, can also see some verdigris on the lace holes so maybe something funky happend with the leather. Logo and stitching all looks fine, I'd say authentic, but kept in humid environment or something. Clean and condition and they'll likely be back to normal.

1615362486562.png

Retlas

Reaction score
they look in good condition generally, so just clean them up and go for it

bbhewee

Reaction score
I’m with Fycus. Dark shoe photographed on white background would blow out 9 out of 10 times. They look fine otherwise.

tstormk

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the Visvim clothes hangers?

I've been looking for some new ones and these look really nice.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know about the thicker coat hangers, but the normal weight ones are almost indistinguishable from the ikea wood ones. I found the visvim to have better sanding but it could just be a batch-to-batch thing. Ikea has also recently added notches for hanging strap dresses or whatever (ugh), but still roughly the same thing.

Last edited:

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lighting looks blown out, can also see some verdigris on the lace holes so maybe something funky happend with the leather. Logo and stitching all looks fine, I'd say authentic, but kept in humid environment or something. Clean and condition and they'll likely be back to normal.

View attachment 1571080
This. I used Saphir renovateur and their saddle soap on mine and they came out great.

As a fan of Asmr anyway, this video when I used it as a reference was great!

Retlas

Reaction score
****... may send my pairs over... turned out amazing in the video.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****... may send my pairs over... turned out amazing in the video.

I bought my stuff from here if you want any of the stuff that is featured...

The Elegant Oxford is another YouTube channel that produces amazing results with cleaning. It is more for leather footwear like brogues etc., but it is amazing to see what mirror shines etc. he can produce.

pastrystar23

Reaction score

Hydeous

Reaction score
Now looking at an 8.5 pair of Grizzlies (see below) which I think are from the 16ss vintage. Could be my grail! Before I commit, quick sizing question (again, apologies), for @Fycus, @bbhewee, or anyone else who might be able to chip in. The pair I am looking at are US8.5. I am a US9 generally in Vis (eg my Virgils), but from what I understand from our prior discussions on this topic back in December, the US8.5 might work just perfectly for me. Appreciate your thoughts, fellow Vis aficionados ....

stay true to your virgil size IMo. These will fit more or less the same as virgil, brigs

pastrystar23

Reaction score
20210310_114604.jpg

Dog Walking Outfit #27

Virgil Cantor-Folk (2012)
Survey Pants (Canvas) (2011)
Marcella Kurta Shirt L/S (2016)
Ruunpe Coat (Pinstripe) (2017)
Excelsior Cap F (2018)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads