• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shinoda

Reaction score

Ah, the trials and tribulations of visvim sizing. First of all, brigadiers are dope. Really really nice. I had not considered them initially because I didn't like the heel detailing but, like the TPU, it grew on me. They fit exactly like the virgils. So, go with your virgil size. What is your virgil size? Well, that depends. I tried both TTS (MMM size 42) US9 virgils and also sized down 1 (CP size 41) US8 virgils and the 8s were the right size...for me. I like my boots snug. I can basically slide into them and wear them unlaced with no slippage. There is also plenty of room in the toe...because, look, it's pretty rounded. These things break in perfectly. If they are a little roomy when you first get them, they'll probably be too big when you break it in. I've also tried on their shirting and mies coat at a local store and I was definitely a size 2. So, when I went to get the 101...I went with a size...2. Hot damn, the thing was tiny. It was just marginally small everywhere. As if I could just add 1cm everywhere...it would be...perfect! But no, it was too small. I figured the 3 would be way too big/long. Sleeves would be an issue, etc. Sads. visvim wasn't for us non-skinny guys. Anyways, after selling, I actually went and looked at measurements online and the size 3 had measurements closer to a standard medium. In fact, the difference between a size 2 and a size 3 were very minor. Like 0.5 inch here and 0.5 there. This was for the AW14 101. I then checked the SS14 101 and the difference between a size 2 and 3 were enormous! I thought maybe they just made it smaller this season...so I got the size 3 and damn, I think it fits me as good as I can hope for...and I'm pretty stoked. Moral of the story? sizing is hard (for me).
Not liking the roomy / loose sleeves tbh. I personally think a size 2 would be a better fit.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not liking the roomy / loose sleeves tbh. I personally think a size 2 would be a better fit.

Yea, I can see what you meant, plus the super long shirt underneath doesn't really help. It remains to be seen if the 3 is a "perfect fit" but the 2 was definitely too small. My only comparison pictures.

3 is on the left, 2 on the right. My main concern about the 3 were the lengths, but when I got it, I was pleasantly surprised that the sleeve lengths weren't too long. The arms still feel really slim, but definitely more relaxed than the 2. The 2 was just marginally small everywhere. You can see the pulling in the back of the neck, the armpits and the buttons are pulling in the chest when done. Lengths were OK, but slightly short, had a hard time getting my hands in the hidden side pockets. 3 might not be perfect, but it is what it is.

Shinoda

Reaction score
Will it loosen up after a few wears though?

My Kilgore jacket kinda fits like the no 2 when I first got it. But after a while it's sort of like a in between of 2 and 3. A 2.5 if you will lol.

The size 3 looks good in that pic btw.

gravitas1

Reaction score
Can someone post the shoulder, chest and wrist measurement for a sz 3 kilgore? want to know how much i can layer under it

bryanayrb

Reaction score

Yea, I can see what you meant, plus the super long shirt underneath doesn't really help.  It remains to be seen if the 3 is a "perfect fit" but the 2 was definitely too small.  My only comparison pictures.

3 is on the left, 2 on the right.  My main concern about the 3 were the lengths, but when I got it, I was pleasantly surprised that the sleeve lengths weren't too long.  The arms still feel really slim, but definitely more relaxed than the 2.  The 2 was just marginally small everywhere.  You can see the pulling in the back of the neck, the armpits and the buttons are pulling in the chest when done.  Lengths were OK, but slightly short, had a hard time getting my hands in the hidden side pockets.  3 might not be perfect, but it is what it is.  

your size 2 fit like how i had a size 1.. it was actually impossible to drive in it

3 is perfect, i wish i went with a 2.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the hendee trench from fw14? Looks like it runs big. Undecided on herringbone vs cord too. Thinking about nabbing a lightly used / on sale one

jthan09

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the raw denim will shrink? Just picked up the 04 in raw, but they are a bit bigger than I expected after trying the 04NW. Thanks!

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone tried the hendee trench from fw14? Looks like it runs big. Undecided on herringbone vs cord too. Thinking about nabbing a lightly used / on sale one

They both run about a size big, but arms are super slim so tentatively TTS. The cord is the go-to hendee model this season imo. It drapes really nicely and is pretty ridiculous in person. The herringbone is more versatile, but imo the townsend releasing this spring is way better in the same fabric.

Does anyone know how much the raw denim will shrink? Just picked up the 04 in raw, but they are a bit bigger than I expected after trying the 04NW. Thanks!

Their raws always fit larger than the other denim. I'm not sure if theyre unsanforized, but I havent heard any reports of them shrinking like crazy.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dbear the 3 is perfect. The tightness of the arms on the 2 actually throw me off for a denim jacket.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fycus! Your Vis knowledge is much appreciated.

I may go for the cord version. I'm tall and lanky enough in the arms to fit a 3 in a lot of Visvim I think, but also only 135lb these days (
shog[1].gif
) so I don't think a 2 would be a problem either. I went with a 3 in the kerchief tunic but will probably try a 2 in the hendee and see how that works.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I mean if you are only 135 I'd for sure go for a 2. I'm 6'1" 170 and would do a 3 with extra room in the body.

modawolf

Reaction score
Anyone know whether you can do .5 size down on the suede americana decks released in 2014?

Getting some conflicting info ...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frequentdeals